gravel boards !!!!! is soil allowed on them

gravel boards !!!!! is soil allowed on them

Postby therese2003 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:42 am

hi there again
nfh playing up again :? ,got letter yesterday evening with list of things i must do !
he wants to raise panels in his garden to repaint and repair ,he has done a pre-work survey and his demands are below :
must remove all soil and level it 4 inchs from his cement gravel board.also to remove any stones rocks at least 4inchs from it.
To remove one wooden post which is to close to his boundary (fence) he says he needs 4inch clearance from our property and the specified boundary .
Have been in dispute over boundary he put his fence up well over fifteen years ago.now he is trying to claim 4inches back from our garden which he says is his ,he doesnt want to move his boundry or to even proof legally it is his .
last year we offered to go joint on a chartered surveyer but he refused .said if we wanted one we could .i said he's the one who's disputing the fact why would i pay for it all .
This all follows from last year he's been quiet for 4 months thought that was end of his sillyness
any advise on how to reply he keeps quoting "vide property deeds (certified under sect 68 ,land registered act 1925) :shock:
he ends letter with ;if this action is not taken by your family,clearances will have to be independently undertaken (as found) where any of the above has strayed over the boundary.the clearway of 4inched is necessary as stated,to allow annual maintenance programme .
think he means he wants to move my fencepost and dig out my garden ,
he makes it sound that we pile soil and stones up to the top of his gravelboards but we dont .
let him work on his garden last year from inside ours and he ended up killing two well established shrubs, marked the decking with paint removed trellis and didnt put it back up ,had no respect for our property at all.
advise gratefully appreciated
therese2003
therese2003

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:12 am

Tell him to naff off
After 15 years he has no rights to anything
and that he has no rights whatever to even 1 inch never mind 4inches and that if he touches anything you will sue him for damages

Your only responsibility is to ensure you do nothing to cause any damage to his fence or his gravel boards
despair

Postby therese2003 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:25 am

hi despair .your nfh moved out yet!!!!
not sure how we could damage gravel boards ,not like they will rot with damp soil on it.
therese2003

Postby despair » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:22 pm

I wish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes i dont see how you can damage concrete gravel boards with soil
despair

Postby andrew54 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:48 pm

You should not have your soil touching his gravel boards. But if the boundary is 4" your side of the fence, surely it is his soil that is touching his fence.
andrew54

Postby therese2003 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:20 pm

how can my soil not touch his gravel boards .unless i put gravel boards of my own up !!!!!i have border all down the side of garden .i know we like to say an englishmans house is his castle but i'll be damned if he thinks he can dig a moat in my garden !!!!
he already thinks he owns the four inches of land and last year cut my plants back at ground level on it!!!!!
thing is if i say its his land he will want me to move another fence post back 1 inch
i have given him the chance to sort his boundary out and to put his fence in correct position (if it isnt already )legally but he doesnt want to do this
think he uses it as a point of harrassment ,
therese2003

Postby despair » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Thats a good thought !!!
despair

Postby arborlad » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:55 pm

The purpose of a gravel board is to seperate the timber part of the fence from the soil, it does this by partially sitting in the soil - the more sloping the site the more the gravel board will sit in the soil. To suggest that soil - from either side - should not touch it, is both impractical and nonsensical.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby therese2003 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:15 pm

cheers for that ,now will you tell my nfh :roll:
i would also like to point out that the impression he gives is that my soil is piled high on his gravel board but it isnt
therese2003

Postby despair » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:55 pm

Bullies always tell bigger and bigger lies
Sooner or later their lies catch them out spectacularily

ignore him
despair

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Your neighbour is moaning for moaning sake! Ignore the neighbour completely, ear plugs will help. :)

It is sad that someone will moan about something so ridiculous when others suffer far greater problems with neighbours with little complaint, some just don't appreciate what it is to live in peace. :roll:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby therese2003 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Will have to reply to his letter or he will go ahead and ruin my garden .will take the non response to mean he has the go ahead .
I was the one not complaining for 3 years didnt want any problems .my motto is live and let live (but not now where he is concerned :twisted: )
have a stressful job so don't need any at home :
therese2003

Postby despair » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:41 pm

If you do reply to him

Tell him that under no circumstances whatever is he to enter /touch your garden
That he has no legal right to demand you do anything and that since you have CCTV any attempts to ignore this will be recorded and that you will take action accordingly for trespass and damage

I would be very sure to also install a hidden CCTV camera in a bird box or similar and have it connected to a video recorder or your PC
despair

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:46 pm

I think your neighbour is bullying you into taking legal action or giving him what he wants, you don’t want him to walk over you and start ruining your garden so you need to act fast to stop him from doing this. From what I have read you are not doing anything wrong and your neighbour is trying to land grab when it is he who erected the fence in the first place, he clearly is an idiot who wants a fight.

Do you have legal expenses cover? I think this situation could get worse before it gets better and you might need some legal assistance, if he just goes ahead and tears the fence down, causing damage to your property and plants you will need to sue him, it will be better if you can stop it happening.

How awful for you, I do sympathise. I don’t suppose you can ignore such blatant stupidity when it is being thrust upon you in this way. Go to the police if you have to, CCTV as despair has suggested and just don't let him walk over you. Once he realises that he can't, he might just pick on someone else or get a life.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby therese2003 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:05 pm

had trouble last year, had the first of many letters .Have legal cover for disputes on home insurance
Rang them up they asked was he retired and bored ,they advised on the joint chartered surveyor (said to put the wind up his solicitor)which it did as i had one letter from solicitor and the rest he has done himself .
Will have to ring them again ,they were very nice but i felt a bit more advise was necassary thats how i found this site .
the old s*d who is very fit and sadly very healthy,plays the pensioner card and pretends to have a disability(this is the card he plays with the police and council)if he can build a patio and walk for 40 mins there is nothing wrong with his hips :roll:
therese2003

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Fences