fence and party walls

fence and party walls

Postby daz » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:44 pm

hi all, firstly great and informative forum. my neighbour is very unapprochable, as i found out last week, i was not aware of the party wall act, i wanted to put a nice tidy wall on my side of the property up against the existing boundary wall which is mostly on my side of the property, to be met with a torrant of abuse and threats of legal action, knowing our neighbour can over react we carried on making sure we didn,t touch the boundary wall, the next day we get a solicitors letter telling us to stop,informing us of the party wall act, we have stopped doing any work next to the party wall altogether now, the question now is can i put a fence their instead, and do i need to serve notice. i don,t really want to speak with him or wait for a notice to be served, thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully i've give enough information.
daz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: fence and party walls

Postby Maverick.uk » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:33 pm

Daz

Exactly what part of the party wall act has the solicitor cited? If he hasnt ring and ask specifically what you have failed to do and what section.

The only part i think you may have to do is serve notice to put the foundations under his land (if thats what you have done) however as long as they are not reinforced concrete you are entitled to do it after the notice period has expired, 30 days if i recall correctly.

Regards

Mav
Maverick.uk

Return to Fences