VERY HIGH fence structure - is this allowed ?

VERY HIGH fence structure - is this allowed ?

Postby mango224 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:01 pm

Dear all,

I know nothing about garden laws so I am writting on here for some advice in regards to my neighbours fence structure. They are the neighbours at our back garden and moved in 1 year ago. They put up a normal fence which is around 2 meters.

Now they are putting up a structure that is @ least 4 meters right behind it - it looks for plants to grow on, but I am not sure. This is very high and looks ugly. I did try to talk to them but they say they can build as high as they like and their is nothing I can do against this. :?: Is this correct ... :?: I love my garden and this really spoils my view ... Please HELP !!

Please surf to this url where you can see a photo :P

http://www.geocities.com/gardenlaws123/index.html

Thank you :)
mango224

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: VERY HIGH fence structure - is this allowed ?

Postby David » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:52 pm

mango224 wrote:Dear all,

I know nothing about garden laws so I am writting on here for some advice in regards to my neighbours fence structure. They are the neighbours at our back garden and moved in 1 year ago. They put up a normal fence which is around 2 meters.

Now they are putting up a structure that is @ least 4 meters right behind it - it looks for plants to grow on, but I am not sure. This is very high and looks ugly. I did try to talk to them but they say they can build as high as they like and their is nothing I can do against this. :?: Is this correct ... :?: I love my garden and this really spoils my view ... Please HELP !!

Please surf to this url where you can see a photo :P

http://www.geocities.com/gardenlaws123/index.html

Thank you :)

From the picture it is clear that it is netting not a fence so there is nothing you can do.....As to why on earth they have put it I do not know as it looks ridiculous to me...The minds of some people.....
Mind you I don't like the look of that white fence at all
David
David

Postby despair » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:57 pm

Actually i dont think they can put up that green mesh .......many planning depts would consider it to be a fence

If it was very very open mesh to grow honeysuckle etc up it might be allowed but close mesh like that is somewhat different .........with a good gale it will probably blow down too so hope for a good storm
despair

Postby Franczola » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:26 pm

Grow plants up this green mesh?! No-way! This is a golf net if ever I saw one, for practising golf drives.
Not sure if this makes any difference to your appeall to remove it, but maybe if it is for your neighbour's recreational purposes it would be allowed?

Further advise needed.
Franczola

Thanks

Postby mango224 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:32 pm

Thank you for your replies so far. I have no idea what this net is for - I did ask but got told to mind my own business so that was that. I really hope he`ll take this down. What should I do? I tried taking to him without any luck. Any further advice?
mango224

Re: Thanks

Postby Maverick.uk » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:25 pm

mango224 wrote:Thank you for your replies so far. I have no idea what this net is for - I did ask but got told to mind my own business so that was that. I really hope he`ll take this down. What should I do? I tried taking to him without any luck. Any further advice?

Try contacting your LA to see what they have to say.

Cheers

Mav
Maverick.uk

Postby David » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:11 pm

Franczola wrote:Grow plants up this green mesh?! No-way! This is a golf net if ever I saw one, for practising golf drives.
Not sure if this makes any difference to your appeall to remove it, but maybe if it is for your neighbour's recreational purposes it would be allowed?

Further advise needed.

That never occured to me it would appear to be of no purpose other than a golf ball catcher
David

Spoke with enforcement officer

Postby mango224 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:06 pm

I spoke with our local enforcement officer who asked me to put this matter in a letter to him. Has been posted today so let us see what happens ???

Kind regards :D
mango224

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Fences