painted fence

painted fence

Postby d.dixon » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:51 pm

Hi, my neiboughs have deceided to paint my fence. ok it's thier side but it's my fence built on my land and my side of an existing 3ft party wall. What can i do in law to revert back to the original state?
I do see quite a lot of the side that faces them.
thanks
DD
d.dixon

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:02 pm

Show them this :-

Your neighbours have absolutely no right whatever without your express permission to

1) paint your fence or stain it or treat it in any way

2) they have no right whatsoever to attach anything to it

3) they have no right to grown anything up it ......ie ivy,honeysuckles, etc etc

They can go and check this with Citizens advice and every solicitor in the country who will tell them that is the law

So they had better discuss with you what they intend doing to restore the status quo
despair

Re: painted fence

Postby David » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:26 pm

d.dixon wrote:Hi, my neiboughs have deceided to paint my fence. ok it's thier side but it's my fence built on my land and my side of an existing 3ft party wall. What can i do in law to revert back to the original state?
I do see quite a lot of the side that faces them.
thanks

May I ask is the colour that objectionable ...I mean they clearly like it and it will prolong the life of your fence saving you money........did you paint it, treat it both sides when you put it up? I did with mine, both sides cost me an arm and a leg 3 coats of Ronseal each side bought a spray gun to do it and flooded each panel before it was put up rotated the panel 3 times so it was well preserved over 200 litres of paint and the delux version with extra wax doubled the cost. I hope the neigbours bill you.
David
David

Postby d.dixon » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:47 pm

David. Thanks for your helpful message.
DD
d.dixon

Postby Angelisle » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:22 pm

d.dixon,
re
I hope the neigbours bill you.
David

I think you will find that David is in the minority on this forum in his above quote.

I have found the information below for you on the boundary website.

Painting your neighbour's fence: TV gardening programmes may inspire you to stain or paint the fences around your garden in some colour other than creosote brown. The chances are that some of these fences belong to your neighbour and not to you. Strictly speaking, you must ask your neighbour's permission to paint or stain your side of his fence - it is after all his property and on his land. What if he says "No"?
If he says "No!" then you must leave his fence alone. If you go ahead and stain it anyway then you are doing criminal damage to his property. If you really must have a blue fence, then erect your own fence alongside his, and paint your own fence blue.

There are also some very informative links included on the opening pages of this Gardenlaw website.
I hope this helps.
www.gardenlaw.co.uk
Angelisle

Postby David » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:06 am

Angelisle wrote:d.dixon,
re
I hope the neigbours bill you.
David

I think you will find that David is in the minority on this forum in his above quote.

I have found the information below for you on the boundary website.

Painting your neighbour's fence: TV gardening programmes may inspire you to stain or paint the fences around your garden in some colour other than creosote brown. The chances are that some of these fences belong to your neighbour and not to you. Strictly speaking, you must ask your neighbour's permission to paint or stain your side of his fence - it is after all his property and on his land. What if he says "No"?
If he says "No!" then you must leave his fence alone. If you go ahead and stain it anyway then you are doing criminal damage to his property. If you really must have a blue fence, then erect your own fence alongside his, and paint your own fence blue.

There are also some very informative links included on the opening pages of this Gardenlaw website.
I hope this helps.
www.gardenlaw.co.uk

I do not dout but I have never worked why I have for the first time in living where I do since 1978. I now have people with this attitude living next door to me, for 2 years now let me tell you that for the sake of somthing as trivial as this I have spent 3 grand on a fence to block them out as they stood with their elbows on their wall huffing and puffing trying to make my wife and I feel uncomfortable every time we went into the garden
for the sake of a £50 piece of wrought iron fixed to his wall fitted by me with the help of the previous owner that he broke away and threw back into my garden I have had stopped a £50,000 extention to his house.....made him a piria in the area through the residents assotiation he has had to leave home and the house is now occupied by his wife and children and basically I have stopped his life in it's tracks.....If he had not touched the wrought iron I would not have lodged the planning objection.........was it worth it.....Let him paint your fence you have to live next door to him . hopefully in peace
Just my personal thoughts
David
David

Postby despair » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:14 am

David you and I seem to have the most objectionable neighbours going

Quite why some people seem to think they have the god given right to try and rule your life and destroy everything you have done including the peace and happiness you enjoyed with all previous neighbours over 40 years i really do not know

But it seems that now instead of neighbours being neighbourly and talking to each other or helping each other ........its all out war
despair

Postby David » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:29 am

despair wrote:David you and I seem to have the most objectionable neighbours going

Quite why some people seem to think they have the god given right to try and rule your life and destroy everything you have done including the peace and happiness you enjoyed with all previous neighbours over 40 years i really do not know

But it seems that now instead of neighbours being neighbourly and talking to each other or helping each other ........its all out war

Tell me about it I have never known a neighbour hood dispute where I live these people apparantly have a problem because they are of a different race to me and moving here was a big thing to them as they used to live with a majority of their kindred. They moved in with 5 males to pay for the mortgage , but need more space. at first they came round eat my food the men drank my whisky. But not when anyone was watching as it is against their religion is't it...but I am not allowed to say anything about it am I not politically correct .But my business partner ,who is Asian tells me that at the Temple this family go to they consider themselves to be better than any other asian, something to do with the wifes family although here she is a cleaner working for the local health authority.....
you know somewhere we lost our country........
well I have said but you know you can get banned for saying like this....unless of course your you are not white...
David
David

Postby Angelisle » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:43 am

David,
Your replies now seem to have gone off topic and are not relevant to the original question thus may confuse the answers given by Garden Law members on d.dixons problem. If you have questions to raise regarding your own topic then please feel free to do so under the appropriate Forum.
Thank you
Amanda
Angelisle

Postby David » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:46 am

Angelisle wrote:David,
Your replies now seem to have gone off topic and are not relevant to the original question thus may confuse the answers given by Garden Law members on d.dixons problem. If you have questions to raise regarding your own topic then please feel free to do so under the appropriate Forum.
Thank you
Amanda

Knew I was dangerous ground...you can move it if you want.
David
David

Postby despair » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:47 am

David

I have lost count now of the number of times I have been told that everything from getting benefits to NHs treatment etc etc is no problem if you are any colour or race ......... other than white , anglo saxon and can trace your family living in England back to the 1600s

You have my sympathy

What you are putting up with is akin to mine but they are white, foul mouthed and bloody minded and own the entire town !!!!!!
despair

Postby David » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:56 am

despair wrote:David

I have lost count now of the number of times I have been told that everything from getting benefits to NHs treatment etc etc is no problem if you are any colour or race ......... other than white , anglo saxon and can trace your family living in England back to the 1600s

You have my sympathy

What you are putting up with is akin to mine but they are white, foul mouthed and bloody minded and own the entire town !!!!!!

I will answer this in the OT section before I get my wrists slapped
Cos I have a point to make
David
David

Postby David » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:59 am

David wrote:
despair wrote:David

You have my sympathy

I will answer this in the OT section before I get my wrists slapped
Cos I have a point to make
David

I just looked we do not have an OT section and neither can I PM you
knew I was screwed to start with....just gets better doesn't I am going to bed.
David
David

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Fences