next doors rotten fence

Re: next doors rotten fence

Postby mr sheen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Years on and you still have the mess of a fence and still let your child access the 'dangers' of the fence and have not done anything about it...unbelievable!
Putting up your own fence...problem solved!
mr sheen

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby sanctury » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:42 pm

mr sheen wrote:Years on and you still have the mess of a fence and still let your child access the 'dangers' of the fence and have not done anything about it...unbelievable!
Putting up your own fence...problem solved!

As you have no way of fully understanding the actual situation I will understand you completely missing the point.

Just to add a bit more info on NFH.

Added a rear gate to fully enclose the garden. This was installed on our garden by the same guy that did our fence on the other side (the side we have to fence as per the deeds) while he was setting up he was told it would be fine to attach the post to the NFH garage (no idea why) the guy declined as he knew how they are and he put it fully on our side. This gate and post has been damaged to the point of needing several repairs in under 2 years. The NFH has admitted the damage on the first occasion and was duly fined for criminal damage. The times after this, even though its the same type of damage and still only effecting this single post and gate the NFH denied it, even though it was the same cop visiting them. Because without cctv or independent witnesses I fully understand the police cant do a thing. Even after this the post still shows signs of further abuse. I find it happens after Ive been seen repairing it. So I now have to wait until their house is empty before even repainting it!

We also re rendered the rear of the house, this was done properly to the letter. The builders were harassed during their stay and told the moment they left the NFH would start chipping away the render. When they asked why she said it was too far over. The builder told her he and his men would happily go to the police if anything happened to the render after they left and he left me with written statements to back this. I believe this is the only reason she hasn't touched the render to this day.

Finally can you see why putting a fence up would simply result in them damaging it? I haven't the spare cash available to put this fence up only to have the risk of them damaging it. Plus their fence leans over by some way, I would have to loose over a foot of garden over the entire length to make sure it isn't effected by their fence, and then hope it doesn't get worse in the future.

Due to the dog barking constantly, my boy wont go into the garden without someone there. While this means I can keep an eye on him and hes now old enough to understand hes not to go near the fence as Ive told him its dangerous. He wont even go too near if his ball gets too close.

So how about leaving the sweeping statements when you really don't have full understanding of whats gone on?
sanctury

Postby despair » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:25 pm

with neighbours like yours theres no way on earth I would pay good money for a fence

Instead I would get very handy with some pallets and good coat of cheap fence paint ( theres always someone on freegle offering them or many tile shops etc put them out for free )
At least that would stop the dog and give your child some security plus not costing much
despair

Postby sanctury » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:27 pm

That's a good suggestion actually. It would work on the garden section at least.

I just need to figure a way to hold them in position along the fence line. Any suggestions?

The raised patio by the back door area it wouldn't work as a fence, due to the height issue. But I had a thought about that the other day. I spotted what looked like a sail being used as a sun shade. it was attached to a house by some kind of anchor bolts and then to a wall. The sail was a triangle shape.

Now I need to investigate but I could set a post into the ground at the end of the patio area and then attach the sail to that and the house, this would give us privacy and is removable plus the sail itself cant be hugely expensive either in case they do damage it some how.
sanctury

Postby cleo5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Sail might blow about too much in the wind?

What about long wooden / plastic tubs with bamboo plants. Weigh them down with big stones in bottom We have these along edge of our patio because trellis/fence kept blowing down. Bamboo grows at quite a rate. You can buy several varieties. They cope with wind and provide screening all year.
Think you might need some posts some cross posts to fasten pallets to and support them. They need to be firmly fixed.
cleo5

Postby despair » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Use the metal angle iron posts designed for chain link fencing to secure pallets ..........nail 2 pallets together and use 1 post for every 2 pallets

put a wanted add on local freegle groups as someone may have some for free
despair

Postby sanctury » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:08 pm

thankyou all for your suggestions :)

I am looking at the options like the pallet idea as I also want to make a frame to cover our trailer tent, and using old pallets was an idea for that too.

One of the many things I need to look into is this rotten fence is leaning into our garden quite a bit. I went out and tried to right one of the posts which has rotted through and leaning into our garden quite allot. But found its now got junk stuff behind it.

Would I be in the right to simply push this post back up straight and put a stake or something in to stop it falling over again? Now I've had a good look most panels are bowing out into our garden and I doubt the fence will make it past another winter.
sanctury

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Fences