Rockery piled up against my fence

Re: Rockery piled up against my fence

Postby despair » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 am

There is only one immediate solution remove the panels

Actions speak louder than words with pig neighbours like this

they are 100% wrong it is in no way a shared fence

tell them that their actions are equal to you to piling a rockery at side of their car

they cannot do things which damage your property ................end of
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Chris0706 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:58 am

Honestly Despair it's impossible to reason with them, they reply with nonsense such as ' your cat walks across your garden and annoys our dog' followed by a torrent of abuse. I'm very tempted to take the panels out again and if they weren't so heavy I would do it right away just to bring it home to them how ignorant they are. Perhaps when they are on holiday, so it's a nice surprise for them to come back to.
I'm sure they will have read these posts and realised they are in the wrong but they won't back down. I am waiting for the kids to climb on the rock pile and fall off perhaps it might be moved then. What worries me is what their next act of trespass will be.
Chris0706

Postby arborlad » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 am

Chris0706 wrote:I believe the boundary was in the centre of the concrete posts...........

I'm sorry, but while you continue with that belief you're not going to move forwards.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:33 am

Hi Chris,

it's impossible to reason with them

persevere with them. they just have a basic misunderstanding of what they can do or don't believe you - hardly a serious crime.

Perhaps when they are on holiday...

bad idea (if you were being serious)

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Chris0706 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 am

Where is the boundary please Arborlad?
Chris0706

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:38 am

arborlad wrote:
Chris0706 wrote:I believe the boundary was in the centre of the concrete posts...........

I'm sorry, but while you continue with that belief you're not going to move forwards.

Hi arborlad,

I think it would help if you offered him some further advice.

Kind regards, Mac
edit: ...about getting the neighbour to shift the stuff they've piled up against someone else's property...
Last edited by MacadamB53 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacadamB53

Re: Boundary issue

Postby arborlad » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 am

arborlad wrote:
Chris0706 wrote: What I am confused about is where the actual boundary is, !!!!!

arborlad wrote:
Chris0706 wrote:What I would like to know is where is the actual boundary,.

If the neighbour is right and the fence is wholly owned by you, then this is correct: 'the posts will be entirely in my garden and his boundary line is the face of the concrete post closest to him.', only if the fence is shared will this be correct: ' I assumed it was on the wire in the middle of the posts'

Having two fences is never a good idea and invariably leads to the sort of confusion your experiencing. If you are going to reinstate the wire it would be better done on the boundary face of the post, stirrup wires can be used for this.

Don't confuse dog ownership with land ownership, a dog owner is only obligated to have his dog under full control at all times - this doesn't equate to having a dog-proof boundary.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby arborlad » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:34 am

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi arborlad,

I think it would help if you offered him some further advice.

Kind regards, Mac
edit: ...about getting the neighbour to shift the stuff they've piled up against someone else's property...

You have been asked before - please stop with this nonsense.

It is not for you decide what, where, and when, I reply. If I were to comment on that, there would be no reference to cars!!
arborlad

arborlad

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:44 am

Hi arborlad,

I haven't decided anything - other than I think, based on your track record, that your advice could be of value to the OP.

I wasn't being critical I was trying to encourage you to add to your contribution - which isn't a bad thing is it?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Chris0706 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Dear All
Sorry if my questions are causing friction. My husband asked our solicitor last week and he advised that the boundary is in the middle of the concrete post ie where the wire was, the concrete posts were replaced with new posts and wooden panels. Based on the advice from the solicitor I think the boundary is in the middle of the fence panel, but may well be wrong. The neighbour thinks that as the fence is half on his land he can do whatever he wants to it. Obviously he won't back down so we can either take the panels out and leave concrete posts as before, but without the wire, or put up with it.
Thank you for all your help and advice, please don't fall out with each other on my account, I have found this forum very interesting and informative in the past and will refer to it again in the future I'm sure.
Cheers
Chris.
Chris0706

Postby despair » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Chris

its sadly pretty clear you have serial bullies for neighbours who think black is white and only their totally warped view of life is correct

No amount of words etc will do any good the only answer is action and quite simply remove the panels
and totally and utterly ignore every single word they utter from there in

if you can get hold of corrugated iron sheets or pallets via freegle/freecycle fix them in place instead and let them get on with it
despair

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Chris,

The neighbour thinks that as the fence is half on his land

this statement doesn't tally with what you've previously stated.

so can you confirm:

do both parties agree the whereabouts of the boundary is as your solicitor described?
does the new fence straddle the agreed boundary like the old one did?

Kind regards,
PS don't worry about us falling out - we're all bound to misunderstand one another from time to time
MacadamB53

Re: Boundary issue

Postby arborlad » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Chris0706 wrote:........ we spoke to our solicitor last week before the fence was installed and he confirmed it is our boundary.

I think there has been some fundamental misunderstandings, possibly not helped by your solicitor's comments.

A boundary is not capable of being owned, only the structures which either abut or sit astride the boundary are capable of being owned. If a fence abuts the boundary, it is wholly owned by one person. If a fence sits astride the boundary, it is shared.

For your solicitor to say it is 'your' boundary, to me infers it is your fence - wholly owned by you.......you're now saying that you, your solicitor and neighbour believe it is shared...........what do your deeds say, not the title plan, but the wording in your deeds??
arborlad

arborlad

Postby Chris0706 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Mac
Yes, as far as I know next door are happy that the fence is in the correct position and straddles the boundary as the old concrete posts did. I haven't seen the deeds, they are with the solicitor. He ( the solicitor) said the fence is our responsibility as the T marks are on our side. I know we don't have to put a fence there but it seemed sensible to keep the posts and wire even though the previous neighbour had put a wooden fence on his side of the posts, this eventually rotted and fell down. The solicitor said it was correct to put the fence in exactly the same position as the old concrete posts and wire put in by the builders 40 years ago. I am going to go and see him soon to collect the deeds as he is retiring soon and I don't want them to get mislaid. I hope this makes sense. The argument is over who owns the actual fence that I paid for two weeks ago. The neighbours now think it's 'shared', they were informed exactly where it was going before it was installed and didn't raise any concerns. They also pointed out very loudly last year that we 'had' to put a fence up as it was our responsibility. See what I'm up against. Please don't fall out though, it makes me sad :-(
Chris0706

Postby COGGY » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi Chris

Cheer up. I think you are confusing a difference of opinion with falling out. The clever people replying on here (which does not include myself) are merely having discussions amongst themselves. No need for you to be upset.

Kind regards
Coggy
COGGY

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Fences