Laws regarding fence design/construction

Re: Laws regarding fence design/construction

Postby despair » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:52 pm

The dog owning neighbour still has to retain his dog by suitable means
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby cobdale » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:00 pm

if the neighbour had stood his ground and refused to replace his fence,I think any judge with a lick of common sense would ask the other person that if they were that concerned about security and privacy ,why dident they simply erect their own fence
cobdale

Postby COGGY » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Cobdale wrote

if the neighbour had stood his ground and refused to replace his fence,I think any judge with a lick of common sense would ask the other person that if they were that concerned about security and privacy ,why dident they simply erect their own fence

+1

Coggy
COGGY

Postby jonahinoz » Mon May 05, 2014 9:30 am

Hi,

If somebody threatened to sue me for half their rent, I'd be worried. If I don't appear in court, I lose. If I do appear in court, I might lose.

I have only once been a defendent in a Civil case. The plaintiff employed a barrister, who laughed at the judges jokes, and seemed free to offer whatever evidence he wanted. I defended myself, and was prevented from offering any counter evidence "because it was a preliminary hearing". The judge had obviously decided that I was to blame, and would not look at my credit card evidence that I was 200 miles away at the time.

Since then, I would not be without legal protection insurance, which adds about £15 per year to my house insurance. Standing up for your rights is all very well .... if you can afford it. There may be times when I would fight, even if I couldn't afford it.

In the case being discussed, if I had to pay anyway (or it was sensible to do so), I would be tempted to erect the fence ... and paint the other side bright yellow. or worse :evil:

JW
jonahinoz

Postby arborlad » Mon May 05, 2014 10:16 am

TheWalkers wrote: Consequently there is no longer any privacy and her dog has free access to our garden.

There are no laws requiring a dog owner to have a dog-proof boundary.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Previous

Return to Fences