Shared boundary fence near collapse

Re: Shared boundary fence near collapse

Postby despair » Fri May 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Yes but its still vital to ensure the back is protected from idiot gardeners illegally piling grass against it causing it to rot

so pallets and corrugated iron is way to go
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi despair,

I think the pile of grass clippings is in nextdoor's garden, further along the fence rather than over the other side of it.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Fri May 23, 2014 1:15 pm

Caked132 wrote:It's not a standard fence panel. The fence is (was) pretty much like this one:

Is that the view you have of this fence, with posts and rails towards you?

Caked132 wrote:Hi everyone.

I have a problem with the boundary fence that's shared between mine and my neighbours properties

Do you mean shared?

How old is the fence?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby despair » Fri May 23, 2014 3:07 pm

The OP says ..........." the fence is LIKE this one "

in other words a feather edge fence but that is not its photo
despair

Postby Caked132 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Sorry to mislead you all, when I said panel, I meant it as the pieces/slats between the two fence posts - I should brush up on my fence terminology. :)

But, using that picture as an example. If you see that fence post nearest the camera as the post that the neighbours gardeners have been depositing grass against - it's now at about a 45 degree angle outwards.

Coming nearer to the camera, those two darker coloured pieces are roughly where the boundary lies between mine and my neighbours gardens with the rest on my side. Again using that picture as the example, the fence post on my side is just out of camera shot I'd imagine

Now those cross beams are still connected to the leaning fence post in my neighbours garden so the whole fence itself is at the same angle. However where they should connected to the fence post on my side, they have sheared and this is where I've had to nail a couple of pieces of would to keep it semi-upright.

As regards age, I moved here in 2004 so it's older than 10 years but how much older I don't know.

I hope that's clearer, and thanks all for the help and advice. I really appreciate it. :)
Caked132

Postby Caked132 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:15 pm

despair wrote:The OP says ..........." the fence is LIKE this one "

in other words a feather edge fence but that is not its photo

I've got a big holly bush in front of mine which makes doing any work on it a bit prickly. :)
Caked132

Postby arborlad » Fri May 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Caked132 wrote:Sorry to mislead you all,

Don't worry, I wasn't misled, it was quite clear from this: The fence is (was) pretty much like this one:, what you meant.

- I should brush up on my fence terminology. :)

As you look at that picture, two posts and everything between is called a bay, the horizontal rails are called arris rails and the board at the bottom that the featheredge sits is called a gravel board.

If the rest of the fence is sound, then one spur fitted to the broken post should fix it.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Fences