Fence Panel to high???

Re: Fence Panel to high???

Postby despair » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:35 am

you are on a hiding to nowhere just alter the panel
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:07 am

Hi Barney,

i need to raise it 26cm only

is that 26cm from ground level or from an existing patio?

i am just a bit angry that he did not just approach me and ask

maybe he was feeling the same way when you whacked in a fence directly next to his outbuilding...

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Barney1995 wrote:Hi
Yes it is the back garden...i need to raise it 26cm only. They cant measure from the neighbours side because he has a out building against it.the council did take a photo though. Not sure if it has to be concrete at base or can use the flower bed option.
Regards

Heights are measured from original, unaltered, ground level, this can be either side of the fence not necessarily your's.

It makes no difference what type of surface it is, only it's height, there is nothing you can add or remove at ground level on your side to correct things, this is a regular occurrence for anyone in planning, there is no subterfuge you can use to fool them, only reducing your fence from around 7ft-6ins. will do that.

How tall is the outbuilding?............surprised they weren't give access to the neighbours side.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Barney1995 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:40 pm

ok.Thanks all for your reply....just one last question....is it true that you can put a trellis on top of a 2 metre fence panel and you do not need any permission..
Regards
Barney1995

Postby Mojisola » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Barney1995 wrote:ok.Thanks all for your reply....just one last question....is it true that you can put a trellis on top of a 2 metre fence panel and you do not need any permission..
Regards

No, the 2m includes any trellis.
Mojisola

Postby jonahinoz » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:19 am

Hi,

Just a thought ... screw some shelf brackets to the very top of the fence posts, suspend a plank between them, screw some hooks under the shelf, hang your garden tools from the hooks. You will no longer have a fence, you will have a garden shed on the boundary. I think such a shed is allowed to be 2.5 metres high.

Can it be that simple? Probably not, there's bound to be some other law to prevent it.

John W
jonahinoz

Previous

Return to Fences