fence between drives

Re: fence between drives

Postby jonahinoz » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi,

OT ... If push comes to shove, a Matiz is 58" wide, while a Polo is 74" wide. I don't know if either or both include the mirrors. Whether you would want to drive either, is a different matter, but there is a place in society for both,

John W.
jonahinoz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby teddypinkskin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi John W

We will definetely be considering a narrower car next time

Kind regards
Teddy
teddypinkskin

Postby teddypinkskin » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:38 am

UPDATE

Fencing contractors arrived this morning. Neighbour was still insisting it should be 50/50. I made it clear to contractors that we didn't want the fence and so they agreed it should be wholly on my neighbour's side. I am watching out the window and can clearly see that the post holes are being dug on her side.

Neighbour is really angry with me. She said I was just being "catty". She said she didn't want to lose any land from her side but she seemed quite content for us to lose!

It's thanks to all you respondents I was able to stand my ground.

Kind regards
Teddy
teddypinkskin

Postby arborlad » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:18 pm

teddypinkskin wrote:Also there is a shared manhole cover in the divide between the drives.
Thanks

If they're using slotted posts and set out right, it should be fairly easy to accommodate the manhole.

You may have some confusion later over who owns it and where the boundary lies.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby despair » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:08 pm

the neighbour needs to get real and face the problems she is causing you getting in and out of your drive by her own very selfish actions
despair

Postby JohnP1950 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:32 pm

despair wrote:the neighbour needs to get real and face the problems she is causing you getting in and out of your drive by her own very selfish actions

Clearly the neighbour has no right to place her fence on the OP's land, but with all due respect despair, it is not the neighbour's problem if a fence wholly on her land causes the OP access difficulties. I am sure teddypinkskin would be the first to agree they have no right of access over the neighbour's land.
JohnP1950

Postby MacadamB53 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi teddy,

Neighbour was still insisting it should be 50/50.

what was she basing her argument on?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby teddypinkskin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi Mac

She said she had phoned somebody up, who told her it should be in the middle of the divide, but I couldn't establish who she had spoken to as she was so irate. However when I told her contractor I didn't want it on our land he agreed immediately to put it wholly on her side so I'm guessing she and he both knew it couldn't be 50/50 without our permission. The contractor is an experienced window and conservatory fitter with a good reputation in our area.

My neighbour may have mistakenly believed it was a shared drive however even if that was the case, which it isn't, I still don't think she could have done it without our agreement.

Kind Regards
Teddy
teddypinkskin

Postby teddypinkskin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Just to add the contractor was superb, kept all the mess on my neighbour's drive, replaced all our chippings when he'd finished and then came round at the end of the day to check if we were satisfied with everything.
teddypinkskin

Postby arborlad » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:49 am

teddypinkskin wrote:Just to add the contractor was superb, kept all the mess on my neighbour's drive, replaced all our chippings when he'd finished and then came round at the end of the day to check if we were satisfied with everything.

How did he arrange access to the manhole, is it foul or surface water?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Fences