Fence staining - neighbour unhappy

Re: Fence staining - neighbour unhappy

Postby despair » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:25 am

I am well aware of what the OP said and his naievity but ignorance of the law is no defence
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Roblewis wrote:I just wish my neighbour would let me round to treat my fence. I would not even mind if they applied a different colour than I have - but at least try to help its preservation.

What type of fence is it, fences are seldom so thick that preservative applied on one side doesn't penetrate, at least partially, to the other side. Spray or brush application are both suitable, depending on the circumstances.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby despair » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Can assure everyone that the correct fence treatment be it Cuprinol /Wickes or ronseal ..............shed and fence PRESERVATIVE will soak right through even the thickest featheredge never mind overlap panels

Its only rubbish fence paints that may only drip through the gaps
despair

Postby arborlad » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:25 pm

alyson wrote:Perhaps offer to stain his side to match?
You would have a well treated fence and he would have no more staining.
It would cost a lot less than a new fence, and keep the neighbour happy.

Alyson

There is no way the OPs actions could result in paying for, or actually replacing the fence.

The OPs actions, which were carried out innocently, without malice and with the best of intentions are being grossly maligned with accusations of events that simply didn't happen.

There was nothing done to the fence that would shorten its life, so there can be no damage, at the very worst, it has been defaced.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Sudynim » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:35 pm

arborlad wrote:The OPs actions, which were carried out innocently, without malice and with the best of intentions are being grossly maligned with accusations of events that simply didn't happen.

There was nothing done to the fence that would shorten its life, so there can be no damage, at the very worst, it has been defaced.

I agree. Offer a bottle of wine perhaps, or to re-treat the fence in a manner which the neighbour prefers. A pressure-washer will easily take off most of the visible surface effect, and after drying it can be treated, stained or left au naturale.

Spray applicators are perfectly OK, if sensible care is taken re overspray.
Sudynim

Previous

Return to Fences