Kids climbing my car park fence

Kids climbing my car park fence

Postby rushy5150 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi all - on my deeds I'm laible for the section of fence next to my 2 parking places in a shared car park. one of the panels was falling apart and got worse as kids used it as a rat run, so when I had my garden fence replaced I got them to completely replace the 2 sections of car park fence.

Now only one day on and the little buggers are climbing over it again - apart from yelling at them what can I legally do to my fence to make it harder for them to climb. I don't want to grow anything up it as it will look odd compared with the neighbours adjacent panels and anti-climb paint will make it look horrible!

Also I don't want to go over the top and look like Victor Meldrew but I can't afford to replace these new panels so soon if the little oiks break them again.

Ideas?
rushy5150

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Kids climbing my car park fence

Postby cobdale » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:09 pm

only thing you can do is speak to their parents,if you keep going out to the kids you may end up being their entertainment
cobdale

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi Rushy,

do you know where they live?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Geometer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:26 am

rushy5150 wrote: got worse as kids used it as a rat run,

Do you mean they were/are climbing over it as a shortcut? If so, to where?

rushy5150 wrote: I don't want to grow anything up it as it will look odd compared with the neighbours adjacent panels
Personally, it wouldn't bother me how "odd" it looked if I was protecting my own property, but so be it. Is there room at the base of the fence to grow prickly shrubs like roses or Berberis etc.?
Geometer

Postby humptydumpty » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:52 am

Buy a couple of pots of cheap vasaline, smear it very liberally along the top rail, not as unsightly as AV paint just as effective.
humptydumpty

Return to Fences