Neighbours fence falling apart into our garden...

Re: Neighbours fence falling apart into our garden...

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:03 am

Hi John W,

Find the landlady's home address, and complain direct to her

complain about what?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Lisa,

Your obligation as a dog owner is to have it under full control at all times, that's it, nothing else.

Unless you intentionally put the dog on to the neighbours land then it is not under full control.

these two comments (from arborlad and mugwump respectively) are spot on.

Oh well looks like the new tenants will have to invest in a poop-a-scoop.

finding dog poop would be evidence 1. you haven't been in full control of your dog and 2. you have committed a trespass - both of which are unlawful.

you could be heading for an ASBO

...a visit from RSPCA too

ignore these comments at your peril.

Maybe you could buy most of it... ...and fence across the width...

good idea - if the landlady can find tenants without it then she may be receptive...

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby jonahinoz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Find the landlady's home address, and complain direct to her ... complain about what?

Hi Mac,

Er ... the fence on the OP's garden? Weeds growing/seeding over the boundary? Or quite frankly .... anything that will make her regret not caring who she imposes on other residents in the street.

It may be worth asking the council to drop the Council Tax Band, due to the drop in value of neighbouring houses. Not that they will, of course, but it might concentrate some minds.

In the South Wales valley where I used to live, we found that bad tennants from Essex were being exported into areas where houses were cheap.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi Lisa,

http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18146

you did not heed the good advice you sought last time and I suspect you're about to do the same again:

Oh well looks like the new tenants will have to invest in a poop-a-scoop

bit pointless joining and using this forum if you've already made (bad) decisions that you intend on sticking to regardless...
...and it would certainly be worth sharing useful info like: (copied from your first ever thread)

my landlord doesn't know the details of who owns the [next door] property and doesn't seem to have much interest in pursuing it for us, even though it must devalue his property.

anyway, does your landlord know anything about:

1. I spoke to the letting agents... ...and have said the state of the fence is not acceptable
2. I know we could erect a fence on our side
3. I did also let the agent know we will be getting a dog in a couple of months time
4. if it [the dog] wanders into their garden due... ...then so be it
5. he [the letting agent] said if we get a dog we would be legally obliged to put a fence up

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Previous

Return to Fences