high fence

Re: high fence

Postby Roblewis » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:43 am

Yep

Deny all responsibility for any of your actions!!!!!!!! :x
Roblewis

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Rather surprised the school doesn't have its own 8ft fence, usually steel palisade. The safety of the pupils is paramount in most schools.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Mesolithic » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:40 am

I had a problem with people blocking my access/the whole road when using the neighbouring school's sport hall in the evenings. I arranged a meeting with the headmaster and at first the response was "we aren't responsible for their parking" even though those responsible for blocking the road were using the schools facilities.

Decided to drop the Health and Safety "bomb" re emergency services access to my home etc and the next evening, the gates by my house were closed and have never been opened again. The users now park on another road and walk through the school grounds to get to the sports hall and the problem is solved.

It is the school's problem and responsibility to sort if they are allowing the activity to take place. In your position, I would look into issues there have been with homes and neighbouring sports grounds, such as cricket clubs and the like e.g

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_v_Jackson

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolton_v_Stone

This should at least show you that the "It's not our problem" attitude from the school is not right.

Regards

Meso
Mesolithic

Postby jonahinoz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:31 am

Hi,

Reading through the Miller V Jackson case, I noticed the following phrase ...

... " the fact that the Millers had "come to the nuisance" was no defence."

Can I assume that arguments like "You knew my pigs were there before you bought your house, so you shouldn't have bought it!" carry no weight in law? I suppose a farmer with a crystal ball could have taken out a "Loss of income" insurance policy. But what could a cricket club insure against?

John W
jonahinoz

Previous

Return to Fences