Fence Adjacent to Highway Issue

Re: Fence Adjacent to Highway Issue

Postby constance_gardener » Sun May 17, 2015 12:45 am

Ahh won't let me attach, the board quota reached
constance_gardener

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby constance_gardener » Sun May 17, 2015 12:46 am

Ahh won't let me attach, the board quota reached, will PM.
constance_gardener

Postby MacadamB53 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:31 am

Hi constance,

the workaround is to use a third party site (I use www.tinypic.com).

1. upload your pic to the third party site (for free)
2. copy the URL this generates
3. paste the URL onto a Garden Law message

voila!

hope that makes sense.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby constance_gardener » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Mac,

Thanks for your help so far.

I applied for planning, it took a while as they kept rejecting things.

So the notice went up early last month, and on speaking to the guy dealing with it he was really positive. Dont quote me of course was said. We decided to stay positive and await the decision.
Application denied, on calling him he was irked from the outset, this if after telling me that nothing from any previous interactions would be taken in to consideration. He made comments such as eyesore, why would you think you can do exactly as you please and I cantunderstand why youd want such a big garden (it isnt). That I shouldnt question authority. That different councils didnt matter. I consider that if an Inspectorate would vierw this on national; level then cant understand why a council wouldnt. I aslo dont understand with a central point of law why one council has the right to interpret things as they see fit. Surely there should be some sort of coalecensce?

So he has given me opportunity to provide photos of fences on corners and adjacent to highway.
This I plan to do today. I have had to keep it to a minimum otherwise it would would gb worth of photos as they are everywhere.

Also Highways confirm within this that they have no issue with the fence as it stands.
I asked about screening it with hedging, he says even so he doesnt think that will change the outcome.

My thoughts are to offer to go between the 2m he quotes (not 2.25m) and ask if we can have it a meter from the highway/path with decidous screening. I actually put forward these options on the planning documentation but they arent taking this onboard. If its moved back to 2m planning permission wouldnt be required and therefore that £172 just thrown away in my mind.

Also 15 years back we moved the internal corner of our fence out to cover part of the double LENGTH driveway which as you can imagine was impractical, due to the internal corner we couldnt go around the front car on our property meaning we'd have to drive over a neighbours fromt lawn adn the err back again to utilise the drop kerb. This was bought up by Enforcement and it was all put to bed at that time, while he says that he wont present it as an issue again it seems we are being unduly hauled over the coals. I noted that in the covenants something about building a driveway, so I pressume that perhaps this was originally planned fopr the back end of the double length drive but was never realised in the build. I dont know if this is of any help to our case?

Also I wanted to ask, I have seen numerous things to suggest that taking court action against people that are ill should not happen. I have seen a precedent set but also another councils documents that states this. I also note they say unless in the public interest that they shouldnt take enforecement action. So I wondered what your thoughts were on this?

Thanks again :)
constance_gardener

Postby mr sheen » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:32 pm

Lucky your council doesn't have elderly people in need of care, children at risk needing foster care urgently, roads needing repair, buses needed by elderly and disabled people, so that they can allocate resources to your shenanigans.

Rules are there to benefit everyone and someone has already smashed into your fence... The trend to obscure road for personal gain is becoming an issue in many places as hard pushed councils struggle to enforce the rules obeyed by most.
mr sheen

Postby constance_gardener » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:19 pm

mr sheen wrote:Lucky your council doesn't have elderly people in need of care, children at risk needing foster care urgently, roads needing repair, buses needed by elderly and disabled people, so that they can allocate resources to your shenanigans.

Rules are there to benefit everyone and someone has already smashed into your fence... The trend to obscure road for personal gain is becoming an issue in many places as hard pushed councils struggle to enforce the rules obeyed by most.

Hey Mr Sheen, one would also wonder if there are better things for you to do also?
You obviously dont understand how funding works for the planning department or that I paid also.

All other departments are funded as they are and use their resources for thing such as you have suggested. Now lets not get in to how crap our council is at doing things they should. Rather than things that benefit corporations rather than normal people like you and I.

I am the one doing all of the work, they do very little!

I was hoping Mac might be able to add something further as you will note from my post.

I dont need scathing from someone that doesnt understand the situation in the slightest and jsut seems to want to have a dig for the sake of it. One wonders if this is online ego and if we met face to face you will still be so bold?

I asked for advice not another pain in the posterior, thank you for you non constructive post.

Had you have read the post you will have noted that SPLAY VISIBILITY IS NOT THE ISSUE
constance_gardener

Postby constance_gardener » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 pm

We also have solivitor documents showing that planning with the build came with the option to add not only a boundary but a garage!

The left over alnd that was designated to our property is what allowed people to career across it risking our property with the gas boiler on the exterior wall. Living at the end of the terrace our worries are not just for ourselves but for our neighbours.

The tragectory has changed should anyone lose control of the car. They are no more likely to plough in to an area of grass and hedging wher ethere are no buildings at risk.

I suggest you get back to watching the X factor mate
constance_gardener

Postby arborlad » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:11 pm

arborlad wrote:
constance_gardener wrote:Hi Everyone,

Some news just in:
"The alterations indicated in my email of 10 th March 2015 are to make the development more acceptable in terms of the character and appearance of the area, which are matters of planning harm rather than visibility splay. "

Sorry to sound flippant, but in leyman's terms they are basically saying they don't like the appearance of it?

Yes, that is my understanding of it.

constance_gardener wrote: He made comments such as eyesore,

............and you've also painted it green, to make it less offensive!

Any chance of a photo so we can make up our own minds.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby jonahinoz » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:22 am

Hi,

I understand that some Authorities encourage parking that could be dangerous ... as it slows traffic down.

Does an "Ah-hah" close to a highway require PP? :D

John W
jonahinoz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Fences