fence paint

fence paint

Postby jeepster2015 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:42 pm

hi all

returned from holiday last monday and neighbour has decided to replace his fence whilst we were away.

brill because the old fence panels were totaly rotten xxxxx

problem is the new panels are over 7 foot tall and he has painted them with a tar like substance on our side of the fence

so when i brush past the fence to put our wheelie bin out the tar stuff marks my top

the path is only 2.5 ft wide

i knocked on his door when i saw he had arrived home on monday afternoon but when iasked to speak to mr xxxx his partner gave me loads of abuse when i asked to speak to xxx
in the past i have spoken to him when he has asked to speak to me

he works for xxxxxxxxl and thinks he can do as he pleases such as building over the access chamber to out drains

my quest is =
does he have a duty of care over us and our animals when using the pathway that his fence borders
jeepster2015

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: fence paint

Postby MacadamB53 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi jeepster2015,

my quest is =
does he have a duty of care over us and our animals when using the pathway that his fence borders

he may have a duty of care - eg to make sure it's not so poorly constructed that it's danger to life - but this doesn't include what you describe.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:33 pm

jeepster2015 wrote: painted them with a tar like substance on our side of the fence

Only on your side?

Anything like this?: http://www.anti-climb-paint.co.uk
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Roblewis » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:37 pm

There are limitations on the use of anti climb paint so that people cannot reach them from ground level. Also the council background could suggest the use of creosote as a preservative and this is definitively a banned substance for such use. In the case of anti climb paint talk to your environmental health people as it is now a nuisance. Creosote infractions are generally down to the Min of Agriculture but EH may assist.
Roblewis

Return to Fences