neighbours fence on my property

neighbours fence on my property

Postby layman » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Hi all, comments please.
When new neighbour moved in next door he asked if I would mind him putting a fence on my side of a pond to prevent their dog escaping. Our boundary line passes through the middle of the pond. I am regretting that decision and wonder how I should deal with it. I'm not unhappy with fence staying where it is but think my permission should be clearly documented to prevent future dispute, and perhaps I was silly to agree and fence should be removed anyway.
thanks,
Layman.
layman

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: neighbours fence on my property

Postby cleo5 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:35 pm

It sounds strange.

Wouldn't it have been better if neighbour had fenced around his edge of the pond his side and then continued the fence down his garden so that his dog had no access to your garden via the pond? Surely now you have no access to your half of the pond.

I would tell him you have been having a rethink and you are not happy with things as they are and that perhaps it might be better that he relocate that bit of fence to his side of the pond.
He is causing this problem so let him do the worrying over any possible future boundary problem.
cleo5

Postby ukmicky » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Remove the panel and bridge the pond with a metal railing type fence .
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby arborlad » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:39 pm

layman wrote:Hi all, comments please.
When new neighbour moved in next door he asked if I would mind him putting a fence on my side of a pond to prevent their dog escaping. Our boundary line passes through the middle of the pond. I am regretting that decision and wonder how I should deal with it. I'm not unhappy with fence staying where it is but think my permission should be clearly documented to prevent future dispute, and perhaps I was silly to agree and fence should be removed anyway.
thanks,
Layman.

What sort of fence is it, how long has it been there?

Is it a large natural pond or a small ornamental one?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Return to Fences