council/private boundary

council/private boundary

Postby ancientone » Wed May 11, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi sry if this has been asked before but I own an ex council semi and the other semi is now owned by council housing their fence at the back has completely collapsed onto their side and the tenant seems unwilling to do anything would the council as the owners do anything / can be made to do anything or do I just have to erect my own which also saves them money and time:?:
ancientone

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: council/private boundary

Postby mr sheen » Wed May 11, 2016 7:25 pm

There is no legal requirement to have a fence and it is well nigh impossible to force anyone else to erect one or repair one.
He who wants a fence, erects one and pays for it.
mr sheen

Re: council/private boundary

Postby jonahinoz » Wed May 11, 2016 8:05 pm

I own an ex council semi and the other semi is now owned by council housing their fence at the back has completely collapsed onto their side

Hi,

I live in an end of terrace, so effectively a semi, that was originally an LA house. The house adjoining is still LA owned, and the house adjoining that, on the other side, is now privately owned.

The LA is responsible for neither the fences of along the boundaries ... that responsibility was passed onto the buyers of the houses on each side. "He who owns the ball can make up the rules". It's probably YOUR fence that has collapsed. :D

John W
jonahinoz

Return to Fences