My Fence, neighbours climbing plants, screws and trellis

Re: Neighbour's hedge within my boundary

Postby garfield » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:35 am

Hi span, doesn't seem to work for me. have tried a few things but still the same image as before
garfield

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby garfield » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:37 pm

ImageIMG_0313 by garfield12345678910, on Flickr

Another of the corner

ImageIMG_0320 by garfield12345678910, on Flickr

looking straight down the gap separating the 2 extensions, please bear in mind that the boundary on the documentation suggests a straight line through the house's and the back gardens. hedge in question on the right
garfield

Postby garfield » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi jdfi, I have cut the hedge back by about 3 feet and it has made a difference, however it will grow back and tbh i cannot stand the sight of it anymore and it needs to go
garfield

Postby span » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Seems simple enough to me - you want hedge gone, fence up, and its all on your land.

I reckon the only thing stopping you is yourself. You're thinking this to death. Bit more action, bit less cogitation.....
span

Postby garfield » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:58 pm

I think you are right span...thanks
garfield

Postby garfield » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:17 pm

hi ntdwm, i will erect the fence starting at the corner of my extension so within my boundary and just have 4 panels in a line until it reaches the trees 1/3 into the garden (just inside the hedge line in the photo). tbh, it will not impact his side of the garden, it just means that he will have a fence to look at instead of a hedge, he will still have his privacy and so will i, also i dont intend on putting up cheap fencing as i have seen some panels which are very contemporary and modern looking

ImageIMG_0325 by garfield12345678910, on Flickr
garfield

Postby arborlad » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:51 pm

garfield wrote:............ inside my boundary assuming it starts at the end of my extension and this does not include the gap between our 2 extensions which if included would see the 60cm distance increase to approx 100cm inside my boundary.

garfield wrote:hi ntdwm, i will erect the fence starting at the corner of my extension so within my boundary

If your assumptions are correct, you are about to lose some land - bad solution.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby garfield » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:26 pm

tbh folks, over the last 7 years or so i have been living there we have had this hedge to deal with. i just want to free up the garden and enjoy it without the fear of seeing Dr Livingstone wander out of the hedge. If the fence is on my boundary and all i lose is about 50cm of land then so be it, better than the 4ft i have lived with so far. Anyway once the hedge is gone i and the landscaper will have a better idea of where we can erect the fence
garfield

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi garfield,

why is there a 60cm gap between the two extensions?

surely since you own up to the centre of the dividing party wall and allegedly have a "straight" boundary it would be relatively straightforward to ascertain whose land the hedge is on?

Kind regards, Mac
Last edited by MacadamB53 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:58 pm

nothingtodowithme wrote:The OP is entitled to erect a fence anywhere on his/her land.

True - but the law presumes you will fence to the fullest extent of your land, if you don't and don't rectify it straightaway - you have lost land.

Arborlad I find your comments dictatorial; rather than knowledgeable.

:lol: :lol:

@Garfield, I believe you have a good solution regarding the privacy you want and the pleasing aesthetics of the fence.

The main purpose of a boundary fence is to define and secure the land of its owner, to do that they must abut the known boundary, but fences are very good at multi-tasking, they can be aesthetically pleasing and provide privacy anywhere on your land, they can only define the limit of your land when set at the edge of your land.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby garfield » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi mac, the gap between the 2 extensions, i can only guess is due to the 17 year gap when they were built...other than that i have no idea.

arborlad, with regards to the fence tbh i dont know where it will go. once the hedge comes down i will have a better idea of where the boundary meets my garden and then i will ascertain where the fence goes. needless to say my neighbour is going to be somewhat ruffled either way
garfield

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi garfield,
Mac wrote:surely since you own up to the centre of the dividing party wall and allegedly have a "straight" boundary it would be relatively straightforward to ascertain whose land the hedge is on?
MacadamB53

Postby span » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:25 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi garfield,
Mac wrote:surely since you own up to the centre of the dividing party wall and allegedly have a "straight" boundary it would be relatively straightforward to ascertain whose land the hedge is on?

Yeah. We've done that bit already Mac.
span

Postby garfield » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Very true Mac, if only it was that easy. if it was then all the golf courses in the UK will be choked with lawyers and surveyors, but instead we read about £100k+ court cases because people will only believe in what they want to believe in and will fight to the bitter end irrespective of the consequances
garfield

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:57 pm

garfield wrote:

Very true Mac, if only it was that easy. if it was then all the golf courses in the UK will be choked with lawyers and surveyors, but instead we read about £100k+ court cases because people will only believe in what they want to believe in and will fight to the bitter end irrespective of the consequances

que?
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Fences