i buy, but whose fence

Re: i buy, but whose fence

Postby Collaborate » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:06 pm

arborlad wrote:
Roblewis wrote:Unless of course you put the fence on your land at which point it is YOUR fence regardless of any T or H marks or deed statements :D :D :D

In either circumstances, this: Quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit , "whatever is affixed to the soil belongs to the soil".......will operate as it should :)

Where the primary means of deciding who the soil belongs to is the position of the fence, this rule is difficult to apply to fences.
Collaborate

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Roblewis » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 pm

With the legal presumption is that you fence to the fullest extent of your land the location of any new fence on your side of a fence could well be seen as upon your land
Roblewis

Postby arborlad » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Collaborate wrote:
arborlad wrote:
Roblewis wrote:Unless of course you put the fence on your land at which point it is YOUR fence regardless of any T or H marks or deed statements :D :D :D

In either circumstances, this: Quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit , "whatever is affixed to the soil belongs to the soil".......will operate as it should :)

Where the primary means of deciding who the soil belongs to is the position of the fence, this rule is difficult to apply to fences.

On the contrary- it is eminently suited to fences, not sure why you're having difficulty understanding that.

This thread is fast becoming a repeat of the other thread where vast case law/summary was reputed to exist - but failed to materialise!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Collaborate » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:58 pm

It did, and was linked to the thread. You just couldn't be bothered to read it.
Collaborate

Postby despair » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:46 pm

If anyone had just paid for a brand new fence and their neighbour had the brass necked cheek to slap red cedar paint all over it and ad crappy trellis i believe they have every right going to be extremely angry
despair

Postby arborlad » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:52 pm

despair wrote:If anyone had just paid for a brand new fence

We don't know how much of the previous fence they shared costs on remains - posts possibly.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby arborlad » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:19 pm

arborlad wrote:
despair wrote:If anyone had just paid for a brand new fence

We don't know how much of the previous fence they shared costs on remains - posts possibly.

We also have to take into consideration the intention of the two landowners when the fence was being erected.
arborlad

arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Fences