Land Registry

Land Registry

Postby wall.com1 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Does anyone know if the Land Registry is up-to-date ? My neighbour has told me that he has bought the house next door ( this was last year ) but the Land Registry shows it as being under the same ownership since it was built nearly 15 years ago . We have had a disagreement which I will detail if I get the response that I am looking for !
wall.com1

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Land Registry

Postby Roblewis » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Six weeks from exchange and completion is about the normal timeframe. It is driven forward by the conveyancers
Roblewis

Postby jonahinoz » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi,

He may . bought the house without bothering to register it.

Have the occupants of the house changed? Or is it empty, and he is aiming at Adverse Possession. Sneaky, but a shufti at his Land Register might show that he has borrowed money against his original house, to buy the second. LR will show if there has been a "charge" and who lent the money, but not how much.

One of the Zoopla websites will show when a house was last sold, and for what price, but their information may depend on Land Registry.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby wall.com1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:29 pm

A bit of background for my query-the house next door was/is a rental property,which was built in 2001,10 years after we moved here.If I had known then that there were going to be houses next door and not the waste ground with brambles and a fox family,then I would not have moved here ! Most of the tenants have been fine,even the ones with dogs ( apart from the Dalmation that was let out on its own to do its "business",which just happened to be on our front lawn ! )
The latest tenants/owners have a Staffy-type,which is probably not pertinent to the issue,which hates all people either side,including us and the other neighbours,kids and adults alike-any noise and the thing hurls itself at the fence,barking,growling and snarling with hackles raised,like Cujo ! I know the difference between friendly play barks and out-and-out aggression,as we used to have a dog and he never behaved like this,although the neighbour has informed me that his dog is behaving "normally" as he is a youngster and doesn't know us ! It's been 14 months,now,since this started and,right at the start,I said out loud to myself,(yes,I know,first signs etc.,! ) that I was going to report the dog to the local council,whereupon the neighbour came round to my house and said that if I did,he would make me remove all the trellising that we had erected,14 years ago,mainly to keep our cats in the garden,to be honest,and anything else that was attached to "his" fence,so,to avoid having to do this,I have said nothing.
He said that he has to let the dog out to pee,which is fine,but not every half-hour,surely ? The dog has got worse over time,as it now charges at birds on the fence,as well.
It hurled itself at the fence when I was going into my shed which scared the living daylights out of me,as the fence isn't that sturdy at that point.
What I want to know is,how can I find out if he is the owner of the house and can he legally make me remove something that no-one else has ever even mentioned and has been there for so long ? The fence should have been 6ft panels,according to the original owner,who died 10 years ago,but his son took over the ownership and is on the current Land Registry,but I have measured them and they are 5ft,which is why we had to put up the trellis at our own expense.
At the moment,he is cutting all my plants/shrubbery/roses that are over-hanging his side of the fence,which doesn't matter,but I bet that he doesn't call round with the cuttings !
I may have missed something,but can't remember at the moment,as I'm getting annoyed just thinking about how my enjoyment of my garden has been ruined by one bunch of people after 15 years of near tranquility.
wall.com1

Postby despair » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:21 pm

I suggest you install your own posts tight up to the fence
attach your trellis to your own posts

then call the dog warden or report the dog as being dangerous
despair

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:09 am

Hi,

The dustmen knocked on my parents front door (those were the days) asked my sister to take our GSD censored indoors. She WAS indoors. Dustmen insisted, so sister went to look, and LO, there was a strange GSD in the garden. ??? Familiarity with big dogs breeds contempt. Sister goes "Shoo! Shoo!" and the GSD departed ... walking straight through the feather edge on Arris rails fence.

I would be very unhappy living next door to an aggressive dog, and more so if the fence was not very substantial. I would much rather avoid being bitten, than discuss damages afterwards.

An American Bull Terrier (?) had my wimpish dog by the throat. The owner said his dog wouldn't let go until my dog was dead ... and stood their waiting. My SWMBO belted his dog between the eyes with a house brick ... it let go. The following week we had a bit of a do at 3AM. The owner of the ABT came home late, and his dog "had" him. Police dog handlers, ambulance, etc. Problem was eventually sorted by a police marksman. SWMBO was concerned that she had caused brain damage to the ABT.

I see a conflict between concerns for the welfare of the dog, and living next door to an aggressive dog. Google STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER RESCUE, ask their advice.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby Clifford Pope » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:07 pm

jonahinoz wrote: Problem was eventually sorted by a police marksman.

Poor little dog - now ownerless :)
Clifford Pope

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Fences