Flower Bed against my fence

Flower Bed against my fence

Postby flappy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:28 pm

A new house has been built behind mine. I'm on a corner plot so my back fence forms the side fence of their front garden.

My fence has concrete posts, with about 500mm of concrete panels at the base, with a wooden panel above it.

The developer has built a raised flowerbed about 500mm height with brick all around, but the back side of it is my concrete fence sections. As I'm considering replacing my outbuilding and redoing that whole area it means that I won't be able to change /alter my fence without having their flowerbed fall into my property. Should he have built a wall on his side or is it reasonable to use my fence as a retainer?
flappy

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Flower Bed against my fence

Postby despair » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:47 pm

If the developer wanted to build a raised bed he had absolutely no right to use your conrete / fence as the back

tell him in no uncertain terms to shift it and build a proper retaining wall completely clear of your fence
despair

Postby arborlad » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:54 am

flappy wrote:My fence has concrete posts, with about 500mm of concrete panels at the base, with a wooden panel above it.

It's more usual to have 150/300mm of gravel boards, was the ground already raised in that area?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Roblewis » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Tell the developer to remove or insert his own rear support within 7 days and that failure to do so means a dispute will be in existence.
Roblewis

Return to Fences