How is Boundary Between Owners Garden and Green Lane?

How is Boundary Between Owners Garden and Green Lane?

Postby seastnan » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:27 am

Hi,

I have a lane behind my garden which is defined as GREEN LANE, ie quasi private/public right of way which are barred at both ends by gates to which we all have keys. All the houses in this area London SE12 area have these lanes some gated but most not gated.

Some neighbours have their garden or garage boundary closer to the fenced field on the other side of the lane than others.

My question therefore is ... Is there a set rule in planning law defining the minimum distance between any garden boundary and the boundary fence of an adjoining and unused field? I have tried looking through local council (Lewisham in my case) website info but cannot find any info. I tried calling but was put through to nearly a dozen different people one after the other and got no answer in the end.

Seastnan
seastnan

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: How is Boundary Between Owners Garden and Green Lane?

Postby arborlad » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:41 pm

seastnan wrote:Hi,

I have a lane behind my garden which is defined as GREEN LANE, ie quasi private/public right of way which are barred at both ends by gates to which we all have keys. All the houses in this area London SE12 area have these lanes some gated but most not gated.

Some neighbours have their garden or garage boundary closer to the fenced field on the other side of the lane than others.

My question therefore is ... Is there a set rule in planning law defining the minimum distance between any garden boundary and the boundary fence of an adjoining and unused field? I have tried looking through local council (Lewisham in my case) website info but cannot find any info. I tried calling but was put through to nearly a dozen different people one after the other and got no answer in the end.

Seastnan

It wont be a planning matter, if the lane owner is known, then they can take action to prevent any encroachment onto their land. Any legitimate user can also take action if the lane is reduced to the extent that it can no longer be driven along.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Return to Fences