Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Re: Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Postby despair » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:13 pm

totally and utterly ignore this utter madman
call in the men with white coats
he needs a phychiatrist
stop fretting about such a stupid totally selfish ignorant self obsessed bully

anymore communications from his solicitor tell them all allegations etc are totally without any foundation and you will declare him a vexatious litiigant
and sue for compensation for stress and distress
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby keepingfitgirl » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:34 pm

Thankyou Mac for your response of "no"

However I was hoping for a few more opinions and wanted to know if anyone else thought the wall in question was party wall or not.

And whether there was any rules as to how close all my pipes can be to the wall in question and whether I'm in the wrong for putting them where they are.

And what I could maybe word in a letter regarding his demands of he's not happy where they are whether they are attached or not, which they aren't.

I thank everyone for their advice as this matter is making me ever so distressed and making me actually quite ill.
keepingfitgirl

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Hi keepfitgirl,

his sols have stated, on behalf of their client, that it's considered a party wall.

with no evidence to the contrary, in such circumstance the law would presume as much anyway.

which means it straddles the boundary and the external face stands wholly on your land.

by siting a drainpipe up against this part of the wall - your wall - you haven't committed a wrong.

if the pipe causes damage that's when he'd have cause to complain.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:12 pm

keepingfitgirl wrote:However I was hoping for a few more opinions and wanted to know if anyone else thought the wall in question was party wall or not.

And whether there was any rules as to how close all my pipes can be to the wall in question and whether I'm in the wrong for putting them where they are.

And what I could maybe word in a letter regarding his demands of he's not happy where they are whether they are attached or not, which they aren't.

On the specific point of the downpipe from the gutter, whether the wall is deemed party or not is probably a moot point. The pipe is wholly in your airspace and has an absolute right to be there and be attached to that wall - some of the water it carries is coming from your neighbours gutters, an arrangement so common it could be considered universal, every terraced or semi detached property in the land will have it - or something very similar.

Edit: The neighbour, if he has any sense, should actually be demanding that the downpipe is properly secured. Although the pipe appears sheltered, the right wind from the right direction will see the pipe moving - with his own section of guttering most effected!!

If the neighbour or the charlatan surveyor or con artist solicitor persists with these outlandish demands, point out that if you do relocate the downpipe, it will be separated from his section of the gutter and will require him to provide his own downpipe on his land, you wont allow it in your airspace. The new downpipe will also have to discharge into a suitable drain or soakaway on his land.
Last edited by arborlad on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Collaborate » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:19 pm

arborlad wrote:On the specific point of the downpipe from the gutter, whether the wall is deemed party or not is probably a moot point. The pipe is wholly in your airspace and has an absolute right to be there and be attached to that wall - some of the water it carries is coming from your neighbours gutters, an arrangement so common it could be considered universal, every terraced or semi detached property in the land will have it - or something very similar.

If the neighbour or the charlatan surveyor or con artist solicitor persists with these outlandish demands, point out that if you do relocate the downpipe, it will be separated from his section of the gutter and will require him to provide his own downpipe on his land, you wont allow it in your airspace. The new downpipe will also have to discharge into a suitable drain or soakaway on his land.

+1
Collaborate

Postby despair » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:56 pm

+2
despair

Postby keepingfitgirl » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:18 pm

What does +1 and +2 mean? Am I being a bit thick here? HaHa
keepingfitgirl

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:00 pm

keepingfitgirl wrote:What does +1 and +2 mean? Am I being a bit thick here? HaHa
it means "I agree"
MacadamB53

Postby thin and crispy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:17 pm

+3

Incidentally, I doubt that the wall is a party wall. We had a similar arrangement at a previous house (although we were the owners of the projecting property) and that was definitely not a party wall.
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.
thin and crispy

Postby despair » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:28 pm

nothing to do with me

your responses are totally and utterly unhelpful in the extreme as per usual

the OPs neighbours are clearly bullies who having formally coceeded they are wrong about the wall and the fence are trying it on about a downpipe that serves both houses
despair

Postby arborlad » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:00 pm

nothingtodowithme wrote:I implore you to stop your ranting which I consider madness. :lol:

People in glass houses etc.,...........you once spent an hour at 1AM ranting and demanding a response from someone who'd been fast asleep for at least as long.............some of the more irrational posts were reported by me and were swiftly dealt with - I wish I hadn't bothered!!
arborlad

arborlad

Postby arborlad » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:21 pm

nothingtodowithme wrote::twisted: who is on garden law forum everyday? Arborlad

Who dictates the forum Arborlad

Who persists in following me with a post I make to throw insults and make digs Arborlad

Who makes hoax threads? Arborlad

Who has sock puppets? Arborlad

Stop harassing me you jumped up Troll

Admin, in the fullness of time I feel sure the above post will be reported - please don't delete :lol: :lol:
arborlad

arborlad

Postby arborlad » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:21 pm

nothingtodowithme wrote:Who makes hoax threads? Arborlad

.............quite intrigued by this one :D .............does anyone know which threads are being referred to?
arborlad

arborlad

Postby arborlad » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:44 pm

nothingtodowithme wrote:Are you dictating to admin now?
Don't fret I am sure that I will be banned just as you intended. :
P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Young Lady - I urge you to get some help - not the sort of help this forum can give!

If you are banned, you will be entirely the author of your own demise - I can assure you that my hand wont be anywhere near it!
arborlad

arborlad

Postby thin and crispy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:00 am

nothingtodowithme wrote:
keepingfitgirl wrote:What does +1 and +2 mean? Am I being a bit thick here? HaHa

It is a backslapping exercise in order to bolster ones position on the forum :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't indulge in backslapping and I don't have a "position on the forum" to bolster. I have had my share of (usually polite) disagreements in the past; in this case my "+3" was simply because I happen to agree with arborlad's comment.
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.
thin and crispy

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Fences