Can a neighbour put a CCTV sign up on our side of the fence?

Can a neighbour put a CCTV sign up on our side of the fence?

Postby Flower7 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi, a neighbour took over a piece of unregistered land next to our garden. We found the owners, had the neighbours removed and are now about to buy the piece of land. The neighbours have put a high fence up between them and the land, but have put a large yellow CCTV sign on what will be our side of the fence. Can they do this? It must be to annoy us, as we are surrounded by open fields and no-one can see the sign except for us. Any advice welcome.
Flower7

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Can a neighbour put a CCTV sign up on our side of the fe

Postby mugwump » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:30 pm

If it's their fence on their land then they are free to put any signs they like on it as long as they do not breach any laws.
mugwump

Postby Collaborate » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:39 am

mugwump wrote:If it's their fence on their land then they are free to put any signs they like on it as long as they do not breach any laws.

+1
Collaborate

Postby COGGY » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:26 pm

You are correct, it is to annoy you. Just laugh at it. Do not rise to it in any way. Eventually it will "disappear". :roll:
COGGY

Postby arborlad » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:39 pm

Flower7 wrote:Hi, a neighbour took over a piece of unregistered land next to our garden. We found the owners, had the neighbours removed and are now about to buy the piece of land. The neighbours have put a high fence up between them and the land, but have put a large yellow CCTV sign on what will be our side of the fence. Can they do this? It must be to annoy us, as we are surrounded by open fields and no-one can see the sign except for us. Any advice welcome.

Do and say nothing until you have actually completed on this purchase.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Collaborate » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:00 pm

nothingtodowithme wrote:This is arborlad again username change flower7

How can this be Arborlad? Flower7 has joined very recently. Had Arborlad changed his name on the forum his account would show the same history, surely?

Accusations bandied around on multiple threads should instead be taken up with Admin away from these threads, that are being derailed by what appears to be paranoid ramblings.

I am far from Arborlad's biggest fan. I find him prickly, and he has taken many opportunities recently to take digs at you, unjustifiably in my view, but I think your ramblings of late do you no service at all.
Collaborate

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Collaborate wrote:
nothingtodowithme wrote:This is arborlad again username change flower7

How can this be Arborlad? Flower7 has joined very recently. Had Arborlad changed his name on the forum his account would show the same history, surely?

Accusations bandied around on multiple threads should instead be taken up with Admin away from these threads, that are being derailed by what appears to be paranoid ramblings.

I am far from Arborlad's biggest fan. I find him prickly, and he has taken many opportunities recently to take digs at you, unjustifiably in my view, but I think your ramblings of late do you no service at all.
+1
TERRI please direct these comments to admin
MacadamB53

Postby thin and crispy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:21 pm

Flower7, could you just grow a shrub in front of it, or perhaps place a shed etc. there?
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.
thin and crispy

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Fences