Enforcemnt or retropective planning

Enforcemnt or retropective planning

Postby Dodderz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:01 pm

My neighbour has not only put up a new fence but has moved it right to the edge of his boundary where defined by the public footpath and it is now about 1mm (yes 1millimetre) from the footpath. In fact at one end the feather boarding slightly overlaps the footpath. Immediately behind the fence, with a gap of a few inches, he has built 2 sheds, each approximately 8ft x 8ft in area with max height no more than 8ft. The new fence is approx 6ft high. I have contacted the local enforcement officer as it would seem that my neighbour has not submitted a planning application for either fence or sheds. The enforcement officer has written to confirm my enquiry and that there will be an investigation, presumably because of the 'no more than 1m high' planning control regulation on any fence etc adjacent to a public highway appears to have been breached.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is anyone able to say whether, in their experience, what is the likely outcome of any investigation; either no action by the planners or formal enforcement action or retrospective planning presumably being the 3 possible outcomes at this stage.
2. If retrospective planning decision is applied then would it be worth my while paying a planning consultant to speak at the planning committee to object. That is assuming the application is not simply delegated.

The small cluster of 70's seaside houses that form the development is very open with no other fencing so close to the road/footpath and as such the fence and (hideous) sheds stand out like a sore thumb. The fence and sheds have spoilt our view of the tidal river from our living room, and no doubt spoilt other's view as well and, in my humble opinion, had a very negative impact on the 'visual amenity' of development as whole. Any thoughts would be really welcomed.
Dodderz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Enforcemnt or retropective planning

Postby arborlad » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Is this the same neighbour as in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=18749
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Re: Enforcemnt or retropective planning

Postby Dodderz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi Aborlad

No, that thread is all water under the bridge.....

This topic refers to a holiday let/house we own and to which we were planning on retiring but the fence and sheds (he's put what looks like bright green astroturf on the roofs) have severely upset our plans....
Dodderz

Return to Fences