just lost a long post but I was pressing save draft

just lost a long post but I was pressing save draft

Postby scattycat64 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm

I just typed a very very long post and when I hit save draft, it rolled to the login in screen again. Is there any way you can 'retrieve' my post? :(
scattycat64

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: just lost a long post but I was pressing save draft

Postby stufe35 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Whenever I'm typing a long post I do it in word, then copy and paste onto this forum to prevent the issue you have had.
stufe35

Postby arborlad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:40 pm

You might be able to retrieve it by pressing the 'back' button or right click on the mouse will bring up a drop down menu with 'back' at the top.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby jonahinoz » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:39 pm

I just typed a very very long post and when I hit save draft, it rolled to the login in screen again.

Hi,

My lap top (used with a mouse) will frequently "lose" long mails to web-sites like this (so cannot be saved every few minutes). It has been suggested that my sleeve is dragging on the touch-pad, and I think my Guru said that getting too close to the touch-pad can upset it. The touch pad ignores my fingers, which is why I use a mouse. I also find what I am keying is going into the middle of a previous paragraph.

I raised this problem on my Land Rover forum, and was advised that it is possible to retrieve stuff that has been deleted in error, but I haven't got my head round the apparently simple instructions.

Then yesterday, my ISP sent me a pop-up, offering this service, for (I think) about £2 per month. I'd rather suffer.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm

scattycat64 wrote:I just typed a very very long post and when I hit save draft, it rolled to the login in screen again. Is there any way you can 'retrieve' my post? :(
your user access resets after 1hr of inactivity - only site navigation (e.g. clicking on buttons, changing the URL, clicking on links) counts as activity, not typing into a textbox.
so if you took longer than 1hr to compose your draft (i.e. +1hr elapsed between clicking on the 'NEWTOPIC' button in the 'Fences' forum and clicking on the 'Save Draft' button) that would explain what happened.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Return to Fences