Classic dispute over boudary using old conveyance documents

Re: Classic dispute over boudary using old conveyance docume

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:48 am

Hi Morph,

how long since they told you to expect a letter from their sols?

if it's been over a week I'd go see them to:
let them know the letter hasn't arrived yet
ask for the sols name - outright refusal implies they've not seen a sols (but don't respond)
ask when to expect it - if they've no idea then ask them to chase and get back to you

all done in a cordial lets-get-this-sorted manner.

if someone has been watching them on your behalf whilst you're out, ask them (if you haven't already) to video record any sabotage.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Morph » Wed May 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Good comments- clearly you've seen this before! Really appreciate the forthright observations.

Without giving exact details, we received formal letters direct from neighbours over 6 months ago. They mentioned the "courts" in another letter 4 months ago; and at last meeting 2 months ago stated they would reply. I am aware they engaged a sol (though that may have been more a tactical threat knowing these type of questions come up). To date we received no sol letter. What's a reasonable period to have to wait for a threatened sol letter?

We have footage of the potential vandalism. Do you think I contact police first before the letter ( but keep the related issues for now separate) combine the two or otherwise? I can see a tactical advantage doing the first so the vandalism will need disclosing to the sol, so theyll be on back foot if they reply.

le Morph
Morph

Postby despair » Wed May 03, 2017 1:23 pm

IMHE with types like this they are out and out bullies with absolutely no case whatever
whenever there is damage etc always involve the police
install CCTV is your best preventative of future attempts of nonsense

bullies know when they are watched to go play elswhere
despair

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi Morph,

if the neighbour has been there a long time and is referring to paper deeds it is entirely possible their property remains unregistered and may well have had no dealings with a sols regarding the property for decades.

if so, based on a dangerous combination of blind ignorance and a mis-placed belief they are old therefore they are wise, the neighbour doesn't think they need to see a sols because they can see the measurements clear as day.

if it does transpire they've not yet been to see a sols please politely urge them to do so - because only then will they know if their assertions have merit (they don't btw).

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Morph » Tue May 09, 2017 3:52 pm

An update : I got footage via my IPhone over a number of days of the cunning neighbour damaging the fence with a few different tools. Asked the community police to have a nice chat to stop the madness. Neighbour agreed to pay for the damage and I get a crime number to report. Hopefully the initial (unsupported) claim evaporates. I think in summary as neighbour couldn't win personally, they threatened civil action and when we called their bluff, he resorted to vandalism. Ho hum. Thanks all for responding as the feedback was very helpful and reassuring.
Morph

Postby despair » Tue May 09, 2017 4:28 pm

install very visible CCTV
it works wonders with nasty neighbours
despair

Previous

Return to Fences