anti climb spikes on top of fence

anti climb spikes on top of fence

Postby Greenfingers4u » Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 pm

hi, my neighbour has attached Anti Climb Spikes all along the top of the fence which boarders both our properties, she has also stuck stickers on my side of the fence warning us of the anti climb spikes, do you know if these spikes are legal? thank you for any advice given
Greenfingers4u

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: anti climb spikes on top of fence

Postby MacadamB53 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Greenfingers4u wrote:hi, my neighbour has attached Anti Climb Spikes all along the top of the fence which boarders both our properties, she has also stuck stickers on my side of the fence warning us of the anti climb spikes, do you know if these spikes are legal? thank you for any advice given
without knowing more about which spikes you're referring to all we can do is speculate.

however, if they're the type available for domestic use then they are legal.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Roblewis » Sat May 20, 2017 6:47 pm

My memory vaguely recollects that they cannot be used below a height of 2.4m but I think you should talk to your LA - at two metres they can readily be reached by children as well as adults thus are a danger.
Roblewis

Postby Collaborate » Sat May 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Who owns the fence?

Top tip - check the deeds to see what they say.
Collaborate

Return to Fences