Any laws/restriction when erecting a driveway fence ?

Re: Any laws/restriction when erecting a driveway fence ?

Postby arborlad » Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm

ElmerFudd wrote:Currently, I'm awaiting on a response from my neighbours Housing Association to see what they propose, it was the Housing Associations suggestion to erect a fence, I'd much prefer the Housing Association to erect the fence than myself,

An update when you get the response would be good.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby ElmerFudd » Tue May 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Can't help but feel the last post is some kind of sinister trap, in an attemp to entice a response, only to claim, thought you said this thread was closed and has ran its course !

However, I don't believe I need to post the response from the Housing Association within this thread or provide an update.
My initial question was in regards to erecting a fence myself and whether any law or legislation would prevent me from doing so or whether I'll be forced to remove the fence.
ElmerFudd

Postby arborlad » Wed May 31, 2017 9:18 am

ElmerFudd wrote:Thanks, unsure as to what is meant by fair face towards the neighbours, though !

Missed this............anything that is constructed, whether wall or fence will have a fair face, in the case of a featheredge fence, this will be the side with the featherboards not the rails.........in your circumstances erecting it with the fair face towards you, would simply provide the neighbour with a climbing frame - not good!

Although something which is bolted down would be your preference, much would depend on the quality of your concrete and choice of fixing how effective it would be, going through the concrete would be the most secure.

Would you be doing the work yourself or employing a contractor?
arborlad

arborlad

Postby SwitchRich » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Elmerfudd, it's polite and in good spirit to post updates/conclusions to the forum, since others here have given you their time and knowledge for free. It's always satisfying to know that the OP (in this case you) got the outcome they wanted or their issue resolved.
So if you do hear back or get your fence up let us know! :)
SwitchRich

Postby ElmerFudd » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:00 pm

I'm truly grateful for everyone who provided answers to my initial question in regard to legislation and laws when erecting a fence. In this instance, I certainly don't believe that by not providing an update is being impolite, especially from a forum member who never actually contributed to my thread (yeah, SwitchRich, that'll be you)

My initial question was answered and I honestly believe I don't need to elaborate any further as I never ask forum members opinion or advice, as to whether I would or how to get the Housing Association to erect a fence.

Stating that by not providing an update is impolite; appears to be a subliminal method to force an update.

However, I reiterate ; Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my thread; I'm truely very gratefull and appreciative....... I'm most certainly not being impolite.
ElmerFudd

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:33 pm

ElmerFudd wrote:I'm truly grateful for everyone who provided answers to my initial question in regard to legislation and laws when erecting a fence. In this instance, I certainly don't believe that by not providing an update is being impolite, especially from a forum member who never actually contributed to my thread (yeah, SwitchRich, that'll be you)

My initial question was answered and I honestly believe I don't need to elaborate any further as I never ask forum members opinion or advice, as to whether I would or how to get the Housing Association to erect a fence.

Stating that by not providing an update is impolite; appears to be a subliminal method to force an update.

However, I reiterate ; Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my thread; I'm truely very gratefull and appreciative....... I'm most certainly not being impolite.
if you provide an update future readers will be reassured that the advice given was actually useful - saying it's useful right now, before any progress, might seem premature to said future readers especially if they're at their wits end...
MacadamB53

Postby ElmerFudd » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 pm

All the answers received, which I'm grateful and appreciative of were for my needs only and have no bearing of the outcome.

The question I asked = "Any laws/restriction when erecting a driveway fence ?"
Definitive answer = other than a height of under 2m, No

Other than my question and the answers received, there's nothing suggested within my thread that will assist forum members in the future.
ElmerFudd

Postby SwitchRich » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 pm

All take and no give makes Elmerfudd a bit of a douche... :D
SwitchRich

Postby ElmerFudd » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:02 pm

SwitchRich...... it's so easy to insult when you're anonymous.
Unlike yourself, I've not insulted anyone and you have the audacity to criticise me.

I would assume the vast majority of forum members gleen more from this forum than they provide.

SwitchRich...in your own words "it's polite and in good spirit" to provide an update.
Therefore, one would assume it's also "polite and in good spirit" not to insult forum members when you don't get your own way.

I should not be ostracised or bullied into doing something which I don't believe is relevant, it's bad enough I have obnoxious neighbours using my driveway as their own.
ElmerFudd

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:40 pm

ElmerFudd wrote:SwitchRich...... it's so easy to insult when you're anonymous.
Unlike yourself, I've not insulted anyone and you have the audacity to criticise me.

I would assume the vast majority of forum members gleen more from this forum than they provide.

SwitchRich...in your own words "it's polite and in good spirit" to provide an update.
Therefore, one would assume it's also "polite and in good spirit" not to insult forum members when you don't get your own way.

I should not be ostracised or bullied into doing something which I don't believe is relevant, it's bad enough I have obnoxious neighbours using my driveway as their own.
would be good to be updated on how that pans out - that's the kind of info I'd like to glean from the forum having offered advice in the first place.

understand if you decide not to, though.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:51 pm

ElmerFudd wrote:I should not be ostracised or bullied into doing something which I don't believe is relevant,.

I asked you to do this:

arborlad wrote:
ElmerFudd wrote:Currently, I'm awaiting on a response from my neighbours Housing Association to see what they propose, it was the Housing Associations suggestion to erect a fence, I'd much prefer the Housing Association to erect the fence than myself,

...........and got this as a reply:

ElmerFudd wrote:Can't help but feel the last post is some kind of sinister trap,.

You really need to be looking to yourself rather than others for your conduct on this forum, your reluctance/reticence/refusal to provide updates can only adversely effect you, all my fences are in good order - yours doesn't exist!
arborlad

arborlad

Postby ElmerFudd » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:58 pm

All the silly responses are ruining the credibility of this forum.

I'm grateful for all initial replies and answers received in regard to my question.

My question has been answered, to an extent and it is not necessary to elaborate further as no one has suggested any course of action which I've followed. Neighbours Housing Association made a suggestion and if they don't erect a fence then I will.... end of.

I do not need to be looking at myself, I've not broken forum rules, nor have I been rude, questioned forum members choices, used foul language or called anyone names.

It appears there's a core of regular forum member who are attempting to Police this forum and ostracise forum members who don't follow their remit...... those are the forum members who need to take a look at themselves...... there's more to life than this.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED...... ADDING TO THIS POST, TO ANTAGONISE OR OTHERWISE IS JUST A WASTE OF YOUR OWN TIME

(I''m not shouting, just using capital letter to highlight text)
ElmerFudd

Postby arborlad » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:50 pm

arborlad wrote:

As most of the above rant seems to be directed at me, I feel I've earned a right of reply.

The request for an update when you get the response from the HA, was simply that, nothing more - nothing less. No trap, sinister or otherwise.

Your reaction to that simple request is completely beyond comprehension...............
arborlad

arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Fences