Anti burglar paint

Anti burglar paint

Postby Jackelhunter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Can some one help me our neighbour is being difficult (put VERY nicely) about the new fence we put up. et me start from the beginning so sorry for long tale , but will try and shorten it as much as possible: Story my mum died and my wife and I moved in to look after dad, the fence was old and only a small one so when asked neighbour as they had agreed to replace it years ago to my mum if they were still going to their reply was they didnt have the money.We said we would as our dog does not like the neighbour and as she (neighbour kept calling to the dogs which wound them up said we would put one up. They were happy enough to . When garden fence was put up they accused the man who put the fence up of unplugging a cable which ran down along fence to their freezer (suspected insurance claim attempt) even though she was out side watching him like a hawk all day. Then they accused us of taking part of her garden even though ours is raised . Any way we put up a 5ft fence and a trellis which they dont like. The male played silly games and police was called and told not to talk to each other and to take down a washing line he had placed up. So now what has happened is they have the washing line up and tied string up on to the fence. they also put up a very loose washing line up in their garden and make sure that when they put any washing up the washing pole is pushed towards the fence and comes over to our side of the garden fence ( I am sure the idea is for something to happen to their washing so they can make a complaint. I was wondering If I get some anti burglar paint and paint MY side of the fence below the trellis and her washing gets covered in it can i get done for it . I have taken photos of all of this ie the very loose line etc advice please.
Jackelhunter

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Anti burglar paint

Postby mr sheen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Think the police had the right idea. Stop bothering about the neighbour. Leave them alone. Leave their washing alone. Each get on with your lives. Ignore each other. You wanted a fence and you now have one. If you get paint on their washing, yes they can sue you for it....a Judge will determine whether you have to pay or not.

You have taken Photos of a washing line......really??? Probably time to take stock and prioritise issues in life!

If the fence was the neighbours' (which your text seems to suggest was the case) you should not have replaced it without their express permission. This may have annoyed them. So perhaps an attempt to restore reasonable relations is called for...since your parents seem to have lived there in harmony.
mr sheen

Postby Jackelhunter » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 pm

mr sheen wrote:Think the police had the right idea. Stop bothering about the neighbour. Leave them alone. Leave their washing alone. Each get on with your lives. Ignore each other. You wanted a fence and you now have one. If you get paint on their washing, yes they can sue you for it....a Judge will determine whether you have to pay or not.

You have taken Photos of a washing line......really??? Probably time to take stock and prioritise issues in life!

If the fence was the neighbours' (which your text seems to suggest was the case) you should not have replaced it without their express permission. This may have annoyed them. So perhaps an attempt to restore reasonable relations is called for...since your parents seem to have lived there in harmony.

Firstly NO they did not live in harmony and the neighbours were happy for us to replace the fence until they no longer could not lean over the fence to annoy my mothers dog when it went into the garden even though my mother continuously asked them not to . And yes REALLY I took photos whats known as evidence as they like to try and get us to bite at them and say we are trying to start . We have ignored them and all we get is abuse them trying to goad us into an argument which we have ignored . And so your saying that its ok for their washing to come over onto our property and knock the flowers and lose the petal from OUR flower plants . So get this right your telling us to keep our mouth shut and do nothing?
Jackelhunter

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi Jackelhunter,

its ok for their washing to come over onto our property and knock the flowers and lose the petal from OUR flower plants?

it'd be okay by me, but not by others - depends on your outlook.

is it unlawful? nah.

this is at one extreme end on the spectrum of things that someone COULD do to annoy their neighbour - the end marked "trivial".

I appreciate that some of your neighbour's behaviour - the little bits that directly affect you - is frustrating you.

I'm just trying to help you keep this in perspective.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Jackelhunter » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:42 pm

So apart from telling me to bend over and take it up the jacksy and let them continue letting them use my garden as their own washing dryer area no one has nothing of any help on here :evil: :evil:
What a waste of time this forum is
Jackelhunter

Postby FrTed » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Jackelhunter wrote:What a waste of time this forum is

On the contrary, I have learned an awful lot from some of the contributors of the forum. Others I read their comments and think, FFS get a life.

Anyway, what you seem to be wanting is permission to damage your neighbours washing by the use of anti climb/vandal paint.

https://www.approvedbusiness.co.uk/file ... %20Law.pdf

There is some info above on the legalities of its use.

If it is troubling you so much why not plant something climbing and prickly ( climbing rose, pyracantha etc) and train along the trellis. I doubt they would like their washing being snagged. Me, I'd probably try and ignore it - you have the larger fence so at least they cant annoy the dog now. Whilst their behaviour is rilling you, try to take a step back and ignore it as best you can.
"No Dougal, these cows are SMALL, those cows are FAR AWAY"
FrTed

Postby Jackelhunter » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Dear FrTed
Thank you for your answer that was all I wanted to know was would I be liable if I put up the anti burglar paint , so unless put a sign up saying its on the fence yes I would be . I am just frustrated them having their washing coming over our garden and wanted to do some thing about it . They are doing this on purpose as they just smurk at us when we try to talk to them then she will scream at us if you wish to speak to us go through a solicitor
Jackelhunter

Postby FrTed » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Jackelhunter wrote:They are doing this on purpose as they just smurk at us when we try to talk to them then she will scream at us if you wish to speak to us go through a solicitor

Some people for whatever reason just like to try and pick fights - try and be the better person & ignore them, in the meantime perhaps have a look at some of the prickly plants that you could train up that side. They wouldnt like the washing snagging would they?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... glary.html
"No Dougal, these cows are SMALL, those cows are FAR AWAY"
FrTed

Postby Jackelhunter » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:35 am

Thanks for the link very handy and informative
Jackelhunter

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Fences