Fence treatment to deter neighbour's ivy?

Re: Fence treatment to deter neighbour's ivy?

Postby arborlad » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:38 am

thin and crispy wrote: I was just hoping for something that would deter it from binding to my fence.

To the best of my knowledge, the product you seek simply doesn't exist.............if it did and was advertised as such - it would be a marketing disaster..........

Despair should not be giving advice on pesticides - she is always wrong!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 am

The neighbour has no right whatever to grow anything including ivy up your fence

The fence is your property and its time the neighbour respected that ....ivy will damage the fence ultimately have you warned them they will be receiving a bill for the damage
despair

Postby thin and crispy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:52 pm

alyson wrote:But you can remove the ivy attached to your fence panel and allow it to trail on your neighbours garden. You don't have to tolerate the ivy on your fence.

Thanks alyson. I have to resort to doing that every year. I leave the resulting mass of ivy just lying in his garden, but it doesn't encourage him to do anything about it: his garden is such a mess anyway (he calls it natural; I call it a neglected wilderness).

despair wrote:The neighbour has no right whatever to grow anything including ivy up your fence

The fence is your property and its time the neighbour respected that

Unfortunately this neighbour doesn't respect anything. He broke two of my fence panels earlier this year - just kicked them in for no apparent reason. He lives in his own reality where it's okay to trespass in my garden and on my roof; let the stench of his sewage flood into my pantry; repeatedly dislodge wet brickwork as I was building my front wall, and try to break into my house in the middle of the night. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Did I mention that he's a follower of the nineteenth century "mystic" and "educational pioneer" Rudolf Steiner.
Last edited by thin and crispy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.
thin and crispy

Postby thin and crispy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm

arborlad wrote:To the best of my knowledge, the product you seek simply doesn't exist.............if it did and was advertised as such - it would be a marketing disaster

Thanks arborlad, but why would it be a marketing disaster?
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.
thin and crispy

Previous

Return to Fences