Skip and waste bins

Skip and waste bins

Postby Jazzypap » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi

My neighbour has placed his waste bins right up against my boundary fence at the back of my property in what I'm assuming is a shared alleyway to the rear of adjacent properties.

He has also placed a skip alongside the bins.

Some details:

The alleyway is unregistered at Land Registry and no owner can be traced.

I'm only assuming the alleyway is for shared access, I don't know for sure.

What remedies are available to me? - I have approached the neighbour and asked him relocate the skip and the bins but he flatly refuses to.

There is obviously no trespass involved but could the skip and bins be classed as a nuisance if they block an assumed ROW over the alleyway?

What if the bins eventually cause damage to my boundary fence - would this enable a claim for damages as an equitable remedy (civil)?

Thanks.
Jazzypap

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Skip and waste bins

Postby mr sheen » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:47 pm

Only the owner of the land in question can do anything about it. Since you don't own the land it isn't your issue. You can ask for consideration but they have no legal obligation to be considerate.

If you have a legitimate right of way and the bins act are blocking the right of such that you can't pass and repass, you can move them so that you can pass. Since you have no documents or claim to a legitimate right of way, this is not an option either.

We can really only seek to fully control land that we own and even that is subject to rights for others....so best not to worry and get on with life.
mr sheen

Return to Fences