xbvnFojvynrdet

Re: Prefered

Postby David » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:31 pm

gardeningexpert wrote:What do you think looks the best timber or concrete posts, with lap panels

I have both: On a forest green run across the bottom of my garden I have painted the concrete posts with the same and they have become virtually invisable.
On the cedar run, down the side of the garden I have left the wood in its natural tananised stain, looks equally attractive.
David.
David

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Cytania » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:30 pm

Lap panels are cheap and cheerful... but attractive? good looking? Nah ;-)

Plenty of alternative fencing solutions about but nobody wants to spend money on them. What a pity when a fence is often part of that first impression ('kerb appeal') of your home.
They cut down all the trees, put 'em in a tree museum and charged all the people just to see 'em
Cytania

Postby David » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:25 pm

Cytania wrote:Lap panels are cheap and cheerful... but attractive? good looking? Nah ;-)

Plenty of alternative fencing solutions about but nobody wants to spend money on them. What a pity when a fence is often part of that first impression ('kerb appeal') of your home.

Cost me over three grand (Large fence) I would have a problem justifying to myself spending anymore.
I also have around 20 climbing roses and other climbers training up it this is down the side along the rear after 2 years the fence is completely covered in ivy I have trained on it.....another year or so you will not see anything.
David
David

Postby Beech » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:50 pm

In damp soil comcrete posts will last longer.
Beech

Return to Fences