Raised Decking on a Hill-road

Re: Raised Decking on a Hill-road

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi arsie,
arsie wrote:Far-fetched fantasy for permitted development to render a nearby property worthless or cause all amenity to be lost. Even where an extension (which had planning permission) was built inches away from the neighbour's detached house in north London I think it was.

Worthless? All amenity lost? I don't really think so.
really?

its called hyperbole - as you well know - to use an extreme example to emphasise a point. :roll:

I trust the OP and all other readers understand this without your interjection.

Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arsie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Permitted development or planning permission will never cause the value of nearby property to become zero or remove all amenity. It isn't necessary to use an extreme which never happens to make the point: permitted development is allowed without planning permission. SImples.

Mac,
using fancy words like 'oxymoron' and 'hyperbole' doesn't excuse your habit of part-quoting what someone else has said to twist their words or to turn the words to your own agenda. You even mis-quoted yourself to this end once, as arborlad pointed out. You do yourself no credit.
arsie

Postby arsie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:34 pm

arsie wrote:
MacadamB53 wrote:Hi monkey,

if it is actually true this would require someone to get planning permission even if the structure is within permitted development

that statement is an oxymoron because 'permitted development' means planning permission has been automatically granted (ie. it doesn't mean planning permission isn't required).
it could mean a nearby property becomes worthless and all amenity is lost, planning permission is still automatically granted.
Kind regards, Mac

Far-fetched fantasy for permitted development to render a nearby property worthless or cause all amenity to be lost. Even where an extension (which had planning permission) was built inches away from the neighbour's detached house in north London I think it was.

Worthless? All amenity lost? I don't really think so.

Good use of 'moron word though ;)
arsie

Postby arsie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 pm

The OP has started his own thread on his own problem now so let's try and be nice for a change
arsie

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:21 pm

arsie wrote:let's try and be nice for a change
I sometimes ponder what you'd make of me if we were to meet in person because you seem to read WAY too much meaning into some of the words I choose but don't seem to pay anywhere near the same attention to others and nobody else pays the same attention to the words I choose as you do - and I imagine this is patently obvious to the forum.

Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arsie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:27 pm

Ok Mac.
Another part quote you think makes your own point but I will let you have the last word.

Wearily yours ...
arsie

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 pm

arsie wrote:Ok Mac. Another epic part quote and totally ignoring my point but I will let you have the last word.

Wearily yours ...
to appease you I went through a period of clicking the 'QUOTE' button but the attention didn't ease up so why bother...

...the irony of all this is that our very first exchange consisted of you claiming I'd introduced a particular charged phrase into the conversation when it was your good self who had but you'd removed it in a hasty edit after its impact had been made.

Mac
Last edited by MacadamB53 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacadamB53

Postby arsie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:34 pm

as I said
arsie

Postby arsie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:45 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:I sometimes ponder what you'd make of me if we were to meet in person because you seem to read WAY too much meaning into some of the words I choose but don't seem to pay anywhere near the same attention to others and nobody else pays the same attention to the words I choose as you do - and I imagine this is patently obvious to the forum.

Mac

It's the way you use others' words to say what *you* want to say not what they meant to say. I don't honestly think you know when you are doing it, to be charitable, whether you use the 'quote' facility or not. I just won't put up with it when it is my words, ok?

Nitpicking I often let go by. As long as you don't put words into my mouth we will be fine.

edit:
we all edit our posts if we think better of it. How is the landgrabbing going by the way? ;) ;) ;)
arsie

Postby MacadamB53 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi arsie,

all the land I have was bought and paid for - the 'landgrabbing' was unnecessary in the end.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Fences