Problem with Leilandii / wall / neighbours

Re: Problem with Leilandii / wall / neighbours

Postby arborlad » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:33 pm

unclefester wrote:The wall is not single brick thickness, it's triple thickness bricks and has a good foundation so it *might* be ok but as you say, once the support from the trees is removed and the roots start to die off, who knows.

Fairly sure the wall is a brick 'n a half - 13-1/2", can't see it's at any great risk from the felling process.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby unclefester » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 pm

I'll update once i get this sorted and drop some pictures of the finished results - thanks for talking it through with me, difficult to be objective when it's your neighbours and I DO want to be reasonable about this with them, more so because of the lack of any relationship.
unclefester

Postby ukmicky » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:36 am

Take your photos and remove the trees . The wall is not that bad and should stay up providing nothing is dropped on it and the tree is removed carefully.

What happens in a few years time is not your concern unless you own the wall.
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby thin and crispy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 pm

ukmicky wrote:What happens in a few years time is not your concern unless you own the wall.

...or unless it falls on him, his family, his pets or his car.
Prejudice, not being founded on reason, cannot be removed by argument. Samuel Johnson.
thin and crispy

Postby arborlad » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 am

unclefester wrote:I'll update once i get this sorted and drop some pictures of the finished results - thanks for talking it through with me, difficult to be objective when it's your neighbours and I DO want to be reasonable about this with them, more so because of the lack of any relationship.

One thing I might do if felling those trees is lift any coping stones that are really loose and lay them on the ground against the wall - they'll be safe there.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Previous

Return to Hedges