neighbour cut top of my hedge without asking.

Postby despair » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Sharman

You are 100% correct and i think if they are pig headed enough ( and they probably are ) to follow through with HH Law they are going to land up "egg on face " and will slink off tail between legs as is the case with all bullies when they are well and truly flattened
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:11 pm

sharman24 wrote:i luckly we have deeds that are quite clear to the boundary measurements.

Is there anything on the ground to corroborate this?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby sharman24 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:24 pm

i guess you mean some type of boundary indicator, well there is a very old wire fence on the otherside of my hedge which just so happens to run in line with both neighbours boundaries, from left to right and it fits to within 6 inches of the measuremnt give on the deeds, when i measure from the rear of the house as indicated on the deeds.

infact there was an oak tree present many many years ago insde our boundary, but we were led to undersand from the neighbour that it was removed a long time ago.
but the tunk is still just visable inside the hedge.
sharman24

Postby sharman24 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:31 pm

a reply letter was sent off begining of this week to neighbour, in which i welcomed their acknowledgement that they have cut my hedge, along with the reminder that all further actions must cease, which included any such actions that result in damage. i also welcomed the action of mediation and look forward to their reply.

the letter was delivered weds this week, sent via proof of postage.

But to my amazment. after all their rumblings that if their wishes are not met then the council HH law will be actioned, he decideds to cut my hedge again today..!!!!!

i kept watch, with my friend, but as far as i can tell he has not cut the top but i think he has again encroached over the boundary! although given him benifit of doubt i am not sure if it was very much, but will have a better look later.

What i dont understand they have threaten to action some action under HH law, yet he has been requested to stop all such actions in the meantime until any agreement is met, how thick is this person?

So i am quite happy to allow a couple of weeks to pass, and wait and see if he manages to come up with something, although i have already spoke with council and they, on the face of it do not see any claim that could be permitted by the neighbour.

I guess he's going to go one of two ways, lose he head and have a chopping spree, or put his £400 into a fruitless action.

putting aside all this, why oh why has he still not come around and spoke to us?

so as for now that is the lastest, i wait for the next enriching encounter that this fool decideds he can do, but it will the last, as i have already spoke with police again and if any such action takes place it will be the visit and claims for damages.

regards
sharman24

Postby Sudynim » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:11 pm

sharman24 wrote:i kept watch, with my friend, but as far as i can tell he has not cut the top but i think he has again encroached over the boundary! although given him benifit of doubt i am not sure if it was very much, but will have a better look later.

What i dont understand they have threaten to action some action under HH law, yet he has been requested to stop all such actions in the meantime until any agreement is met, how thick is this person?

I don't think he loses the right to cut back to the boundary just because he might be pursuing a HH claim. Why do you think he's 'thick' for doing this?
Sudynim

Postby sharman24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:30 am

yes you are correct, he does not lose any right to continue with cutting back to the boundary, the problem is he fails to do that, each time he has cut my hedge he has encroached over the boundary, and on this last spree(less than a week ago) he again has thinned the top out by cutting inwards.

verbal and written requests have been made to allow the hedge to re-gain some strength along the top portion
at present the top of the hedge is just falling about because he trimmed so far over the boundary and again is is very uneven and ragged.

i hope he does carryout the action of going through the council, because this will at least put some closure on the matter.....but there is a dark side

i am led to believe he wishes to move house?..so i am guessing this has a bearing on his actions.....plus i have heard him complaining about the young children next door to him because they make too much noise.

maybe thick was not the right word to use in my last reply...but how stupid to continue with this action knowing full well he is in recipt of my recent letter asking not to do this at present.
sharman24

Postby despair » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:08 am

If he wishes to sell his house he is going the right way about messing that up with a full blown neighbour dispute
despair

Postby Scary Mary » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:54 am

This is almost entirely the problem we have had with our next door neighbour.
She kept cutting the hedge back and down until it was 3 feet high on her side which meant it was only 1 foot high at the top of our garden, she also cut it back so far she had to stand on our land to cut it.
We got sick of asking her to stop, she kept moaning about the kids' footballs coming over but continued to cut it down.
Eventually we got so fed up of it we put up a 6' concrete fence, mainly because we knew she wouldn't allow us to go round to paint it or do it herself. The fact that she detests concrete is a bonus but it's her own fault.
I realise this wouldn't be a solution to your problem but for us it was the only option and we are planting climbing plants to make it higher.
Scary Mary

update on my hedge

Postby sharman24 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:00 am

hi all, well its been couple of months now since the hedge cutting incident from my neighbour. the threats of going to the council etc have come to nothing, but we had already found out that the council would not uphold this.
So whats happened....its seems as though he has had some memory loss as for a month he would cut the hedge on his side every friday....without fail we would hear the steps come out then about 5 mins of cutting. what he was cutting i am not sure, i cant see it has grown that much in a week, so i can only put this down to memory loss, he forgets he cut it a week ago..hehe.

i think it was just a show , in his mind he was going to cut my hedge even if it did not need it.

no more cutting has happened for a month now, so we wait to see if he gets another mad fit , maybe in the spring.
sharman24

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Hedges