Please help - Hedge trimming disposal

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 pm

mr sheen wrote:Ooh no....contacting the police to complain that the bloke next door is a grumpy old g*t...well I've heard it all now - 80% of the over 70's would be guilty of this new offence.

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -hell.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/6383135.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... -Asbo.html

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/pensioner_on ... o_1_445303

There are too many to add here. I think the older ones are the worst! Eeeek the mad old git here might be trying to bash us all over the head with zimmer frames soon. :lol: And that will be just because he can't find his 'just for girly boys'. :lol: Or our cat pooped on his astro-turf...
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Blocky wrote:
Yesterday I returned from the IOW to find the hawthorn and three other seperate piles of trimmings across my flower beds and garden.

What would you have done. .

Find some suitable bags and give them to the neighbour, say you'll accept the trimmings, but only if placed in the bags.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Trog » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Are you sure its your hedge? As that is the most important fact to be considered before you get into all the above advice.

You say you are not sure and I expect your deeds are silent on the matter of hedges. So if you look at the line of where the hedge springs from the ground is there anything to suggest it belongs to one side or the other? Are there any old fence posts in the hedge? Or does the hedge meet end on with a fence or wall somewhere, and if so how does the line of the hedge roots compare to the fence or wall. etc etc.
Cats they crap on your drive, on your lawn and in your flower beds, they are vermin.
Trog

Postby Blocky » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Trog, I had a look last night, and whilst it's pretty difficult, I would say that the majority grows from my side, I assume this means it's mine!

I have said all along that I have no problem with him trimming it how he wants. I'm certainly not doing it for him though, not now anyway.

I'd rather not involve the constabulary, as they have plenty to do here anyway, or they certainly should have. However, I have made an appointment with the CAB folks and will definitely let you know how that progresses.
My wife thinks I'm nuts wanting to take legal action, but as I pointed out, if she'd spent every night and a fair few weekends keeping the house tidy, and the guy came in and chucked soot all over the carpet, what would she do. To me, it's exactly the same.
Blocky

Postby despair » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:46 am

There was a case on here a couple of years back whereby a neighbour littered the garden with stuff from a trellis and they were successfully able to claim the costs of professional clearing of all the debris

I will see if i can find it

I suspect that if you tell the "grumpy old git " that legally he is littering and you are entitled and quite prepared to sue him for the costs of clearing up if he ever dares do it again

Tell him to bag it and you will dispose of the bags

You need to ensure its all put in writing and keep a copy so he cant wriggle out next time
despair

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:09 pm

http://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/site/s ... newsID=725

Ring your council and see if they can deal with anti-social littering.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby MadCatWoman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:33 pm

This sounds all too familiar!

We just put up a new fence about, ooo 5 weeks ago, yesterday the wonderful neighbours son decided to 'trim' the hedge back from our new fence. Okay granted, it has to be done, but I watched him throw the trimmings over our fence, and batter our fence in the process (which doesnt bother us as much as the trimmings). :x

Why do neighbours think its okay to do this? :roll:

Contacted the council, and all they could say was to talk to our lawyer. No help what so ever. Typical. :roll:
MadCatWoman

Postby Sudynim » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:31 pm

MadCatWoman wrote:Contacted the council, and all they could say was to talk to our lawyer. No help what so ever. Typical. :roll:

Councils are facing unprecedented cuts in vital services, it's unlikely that any of them will have the capacity to mediate or control neighbour disputes.
Sudynim

Postby Blocky » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:59 am

The CAB weren't much use to be honest. Said all the things that you folks on here have already told me. Be nice to the neighbour, point out that it's illegal and they don't actually have to give back the trimmings if I don't want them.

Done all this.

Incidentally, my father, who is a very keen gardener came round to my house on Saturday and was very praising of my efforts in both front and back garden's.
That's quite something to be honest as well.

I talked him through the issues I've been having and his response (he's 71) , "sorry Son, but he's just a grumpy old man who sounds like he's losing the plot in general. You may have to just put up with it and ignore him."

We have found some plants that are growing from the neighbours side of the fence.....well...you would wouldn't you...hee hee.
Blocky

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Blocky wrote:I talked him through the issues I've been having and his response (he's 71) , "sorry Son, but he's just a grumpy old man who sounds like he's losing the plot in general. You may have to just put up with it and ignore him."

We have found some plants that are growing from the neighbours side of the fence.....well...you would wouldn't you...hee hee.

Your dad is right, it is better to ignore him. If he has plants growing over you could cut back and throw them over, but to be honest we have nasty neighbours who would spend vast amounts of time, energy and money on us and it is better to rise above their pettiness and don't give these idiots what they want…which is you getting upset and retaliating illegally. Recently NFH here tried to cause bother and it backfired, they ended up with a total hash job done by their contractor, it’ll make us laugh every day we see it until we block it out…it’ll still make us laugh actually because we will always know it went so very wrong but was such a plus for us. :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby MadCatWoman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Sudynim wrote:
MadCatWoman wrote:Contacted the council, and all they could say was to talk to our lawyer. No help what so ever. Typical. :roll:

Councils are facing unprecedented cuts in vital services, it's unlikely that any of them will have the capacity to mediate or control neighbour disputes.

Oh no, our council do not give a monkeys uncle anyway cuts or otherwise. Our lawyer told us to confront the council in the first place. :roll:
MadCatWoman

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Hedges