Hedge Removal

Postby ukmicky » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 pm

As for the pathetic attempt at bullying please tell me, what do the owners of the site feel.

Hm-mm :)

No disrespect to either party and this may actually surprise you T.O as we have had our own disagreements but i don't consider it to be bullying and in fact consider it necessary and important for factual inaccuracies to be corrected on a forum like this .
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby w3526602 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 am

As for the pathetic attempt at bullying please tell me, what do the owners of the site feel. Get it of your chest and out in the open and not as a private mail please.

Hi TO

I'm not sure that I understand the above.

Is it me or you that is making the pathetic attempt at bullying?

I have already indicated that I am willing to be guided by the site owner, as to whether he desires a flame war.

What am I supposed to get off my chest, and out into the open?

And just so there is no misunderstanding, I have not sent you a private mail. It would be interesting to learn if anybody else has?

602 (That was my "last three")
w3526602

Postby w3526602 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:18 am

Hi,

There are several varieties of tree listed in ...

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1997 ... ule/3/made

w3526602

Postby w3526602 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:16 pm

So you are happy at the destruction of national biodiversity action plan priority habitats. Habitats that could be hundreds of years old, of historic, landscape, wildlife and archaeological importance that are integral to the character of our countryside and landscape and have legal protection.

Hi TO,

The above came across as an agressive tirade from a tree hugger. Following UKMicky's response, I have reconsidered that opinion, and now feel that it MAY have been wrong. I have browsed thru other mails, looking for your signature, and those I found didn't seem too "way out". So perhaps you will accept this as first steps towards a truce?

Some afterthoughts ...... I used the word attack. Could that be what you refer to as bullying? Not quite the same thing.

I raised the subject of ancient hedgrows, and said that I hoped the hedge in question did not fall into that catergory. I still don't know whether it does or not.

I would not object to hugging a few trees myself, but am deterred by those who wish to enforce the legislation regardless of the expense and distress it causes the owner of a tree. What would you do if you found that a neighbour's protected tree was destoying your house?

Archaeology? I'm not against it, actually quite interested. But what if you spent your life savings buying a building plot, only to find a piece of Roman pottery in the first spadeful of soil that you turned over. Would you like to explain the effect that has on your proposed build, how much it is likely to cost, and who pays?

I used to suffer from hay fever, millions of people still do. Sticking my tongue in my cheek, may I suggest that such sufferers should lobby for a ban on all this green stuff that surrounds us.

I looked at a building plot recently. One of the planning requirements was that the developer should provide several nesting boxes. The plot was on the edge of fifty square miles of forestry.

I am all for the protection of wildlife, although I'm a little bit anti-RSPB (I can explain if you like). I would love to see a Golden Eagle flying overhead. I would hate to see the sky full of them. I'm glad to see a lesser predator sitting on a lamp-post or fence, but again, I don't want to see too many of them. Having a Siamese kitten snatched off your lawn can influence how one thinks.

From time to time, I think I would like to live in a listed building, but then I remember the disadvantages ..... all the work that has to be done in a manner demanded by somebody else, but at my expense.

What can History teach us? Dunno! History is being brought to a standstill by the legislators who think that the past is more important than the future, so tough on those who are here now.

I once asked my Brother in Law (at that time Press Officer for V&A) how he thought people would react to to proposal to build another St Paul's cathederal. (My secondary question was going to be what he thought the reaction would be to a proposal to knock down the first one :shock: Purely accademic, you understand.) He replied that there had been a lot of opposition to the building of the first one. Food for thought. There didn't seem any point to asking the secondary question.

Anyway, truce? Maybe with a bit of friendly sniping from time to time? Site owner allowing.

602 (aka John Williams)
w3526602

Postby TO » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi w3526602

no need for a truce as war has not been declared. I accept that at times I can come across as a bit brusk, but that's just me it's never personal. As for listed buildings etc I used to live in one, in a conservation area, in a national park, which also just happened to be in a honey pot location populated by holiday home owners and retirees, so I'm well aware of the constraints and complaining nimbys many of whom have too much money to waste and not enough to occupy their time, other than indulging in their favourite sports of back stabbing and malicious and vexatious complaining.

the trees and other woody plants in the schedule you have linked to are those that can form a hedge or component thereof. So a wholly Leylandi hedge wouldn't qualify as a hedge under the regs no matter what. The scheduled woody plants don't need to be in the form of a tree, but can be trimmed as a hedge.

The guide to the legislation can be found here
http://www.planning-inspectorate.gov.uk ... /index.htm

Part 1. 3.3 & 3.4 defines a hedge for the purposes of the regs

Can't remember if I saw somewhere that your location was south Wales, anyway in some areas such as Pembrokeshire and Cornwall it has been accepted that the ancient banks which are a feature of these areas and that separate fields also qualify as hedges, even without trees or shrubs.

TO
TO

Postby w3526602 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:41 am

I accept that at times I can come across as a bit brusk, but that's just me it's never personal.

Hi TO,

I once told a new neighbour (it was me that was new) that he had an abrasive manner. He was delighted by the description. Me? Sometimes I have an unfortunate manner. :?

Yes, I live in Wales, brought up in Croydon, with nine yearts in RAF in between. The Welsh are/have a law unto themselves, particularly regarding property. :D I didn't know about the "banks". Do you meet as in "aha" (sp?) Obviously not, or at least Google doesn't recognise the word in this context. I refer to one part of the field being appreciably higher than the other part, with a vertical cliff stopping animals getting from one part to the other. Got it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha-ha

w3526602

Postby TO » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:31 am

Hi

What I'm on about are field boundaries like this http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/293706
Not all have bushes on top and some date back to the bronze age.

Haha's are something different but are important in their own right as a landscape feature of many country houses and their associated parks.

TO
TO

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Hedges