Carl Calvert and BBC news feature on cutting trees

Carl Calvert and BBC news feature on cutting trees

Postby despair » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:03 am

For someone supposedly so highly qualified to come on a BBC TV feature this morning giving advice on the LAW of cutting back a neighbours trees and hedges to say ...........THROW THE CUTTINGS OVER THE FENCE is an absolute disgrace

At least Pippa Greenwood said the cuttings should be offered back

Neither of them said you must only cut to the boundary though !
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Carl Calvert and BBC news feature on cutting trees

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:15 am

I watched this earlier this morning and thought of adding it here. I too was very shocked to hear him say throw the cuttings over the fence, if the cuttings are huge branches you are going to cause damage to someone’s garden, not to mention the annoyance of thrown branches anyway. But people about to throw their cuttings over the neighbours fence after listening to that now won't really care, if they are that way inclined.

It was irresponsible and not well thought out at all. Why make matters worse? He could have worded it better and been more thorough, who knows it could have helped many avoid unpleasant fall outs. :roll:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:15 pm

I didn't see the programme, but you'd think they'd get their facts right. I don't think you'd hear Alan Titchmarsh giving wrong advice. :)
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby Treeman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:26 pm

appledore wrote:I didn't see the programme, but you'd think they'd get their facts right. I don't think you'd hear Alan Titchmarsh giving wrong advice. :)

Tichmarsh is a plonker

A few years ago he did a programme where he gave some piss poor advice on tree pruning. From memory he was honorary chair of the arboricultural association. :cry:

The worst of it is that like you most people think he knows what he is talking about. :shock:
Treeman

Postby appledore » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Treeman wrote:[The worst of it is that like you most people think he knows what he is talking about. :shock:

I was joking. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby arborlad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:16 pm

appledore wrote: I don't think you'd hear Alan Titchmarsh giving wrong advice. :)

Well, despair is following his advice about bindweed!!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Mattylad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:07 pm

I saw that too, he did say that there was case law that allowed it?
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby arborlad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Mattylad wrote:I saw that too, he did say that there was case law that allowed it?

You could ask him:

http://www.calvertconsulting.co.uk/page/contact_us
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 pm

appledore wrote:I don't think you'd hear Alan Titchmarsh giving wrong advice. :)

It is an impossibility, Titmarsh is god of all things garden is he not? :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Treeman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
appledore wrote:I don't think you'd hear Alan Titchmarsh giving wrong advice. :)

It is an impossibility, Titmarsh is god of all things garden is he not? :mrgreen:

Broadcaster reading from a script someone handed him (rather than gardener) now thankfully relegated to the afternoon tittle tattle

spot where he can do little harm.

Yet to fall as far as the jungle but that is probably just a matter of time

It’s all just chewing gum for the mind.
Treeman

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:02 pm

I see Titmarsh in B&Q all the time, he always smiles and seems almost wooden? I think the wind changed and he can't stop pulling a silly smile and also now can't even move from the spot? Strange! :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:10 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I see Titmarsh in B&Q all the time, he always smiles and seems almost wooden? I think the wind changed and he can't stop pulling a silly smile and also now can't even move from the spot? Strange! :lol:

He travels round quite a bit doesn't he? I've seen him in quite a few shops, always with the same smile, looks as if he's in need of a value bucket (without the holes). :wink: I think he's looking for blue paint to paint everything in the garden that doesn't move. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I see Titmarsh in B&Q all the time, he always smiles and seems almost wooden? I think the wind changed and he can't stop pulling a silly smile and also now can't even move from the spot? Strange! :lol:

He travels round quite a bit doesn't he? I've seen him in quite a few shops, always with the same smile, looks as if he's in need of a value bucket (without the holes). :wink: I think he's looking for blue paint to paint everything in the garden that doesn't move. :lol:

A value bucket without the holes? Would that be value? :lol: He had better not paint my garden blue, or his tit will be stuffed up his marsh! :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[A value bucket without the holes? Would that be value? :lol: He had better not paint my garden blue, or his tit will be stuffed up his marsh! :lol: :lol:

Then he'd be a tit-warbler. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:20 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[A value bucket without the holes? Would that be value? :lol: He had better not paint my garden blue, or his tit will be stuffed up his marsh! :lol: :lol:

Then he'd be a tit-warbler. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Hedges