Hedge

Hedge

Postby swmbo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:05 am

I have a hedge at the bottom of the garden which my neighbour would like me to have cut down to a certain height. This is not a problem. My question is, as it's the neighbour that wants the hedge cut should they pay?
swmbo

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Hedge

Postby span » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:30 am

Your hedge, so it's up to you.

Up to you if it gets cut or not, up to you if you pay or not, up to you to decide if the neighbours don't pay then the hedge don't get cut, up to you to offer 50/50 on costs.
span

Re: Hedge

Postby TO » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi

swmbo wrote:I have a hedge at the bottom of the garden which my neighbour would like me to have cut down to a certain height. This is not a problem. My question is, as it's the neighbour that wants the hedge cut should they pay?
It's entirely for the neighbours benefit, so they should pay for it.

span wrote:up to you to offer 50/50 on costs
You're being neighbourly enough in allowing it to be cut, that to my mind is your 50, their 50 is paying. Just make sure the contractor knows exactly what height the hedge is to be cut to. Confirm this with both the contractor, and the neighbour in writing.

TO
TO

Return to Hedges