Bush Trimmings

Bush Trimmings

Postby jacoe5 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi,
My neighbour recently cut Bushes that are on their property but in doing so clippings and branches fell into my Garden am I legally OK to throw them back over into their Garden or is it my responsibility to dispose of them.
Cheers
J
jacoe5

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Bush Trimmings

Postby Conveyancer » Fri May 06, 2011 6:32 pm

jacoe5 wrote:am I legally OK to throw them back over into their Garden

No, even though your neighbour is at fault.

jacoe5 wrote:...or is it my responsibility to dispose of them.

Your neighbour should dispose of them, but unless it is significant, there is not a lot you can do in practice if your neighbour declines to deal with them.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby Mattylad » Fri May 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Drop them over their side of the boundary.

Had you cut them down then you would be responsible for offering them back and disposing of them
if they refuse.

This however is a different situation, they have let their waste on your property.

Simply return it.
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat May 07, 2011 11:01 am

I would speak to the neighbour and ask that you return the clippings for them to dispose of. They may not realise what they have done, or someone else could have done the cutting and not thought. These things can cause annoyance, it is always best to try to speak to a neighbour first, this way a simple mistake/oversight does not escalate...well, hopefully. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Return to Hedges