A hypothetical hedge question

Re: A hypothetical hedge question

Postby arborlad » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:13 am

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Image

Am I right in thinking there has already been a tree removed from this row or was it storm damage? Either way, you can see that there is no lack of vegetation around it and even a bramble (?) starting to climb up the tree. The tree itself is already 'closing the gap', but will do it quicker with the removal of all the dead and damaged twigs and branches.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:50 pm

arborlad wrote:Am I right in thinking there has already been a tree removed from this row or was it storm damage? Either way, you can see that there is no lack of vegetation around it and even a bramble (?) starting to climb up the tree. The tree itself is already 'closing the gap', but will do it quicker with the removal of all the dead and damaged twigs and branches.

I have no idea what happened to that tree, it is in a garden we visited. You are right, there is absolutely no problem with things growing next to this hedge, both sides. It is about 100ft tall, so there is a lot of shade to one side, yet it makes no difference. I don't believe anything is planted next to the hedge, things just grow.

I stared up at this hedge in awe, I think it is magnificent! I wouldn't like it next to our tiny garden, but would love it in grounds. :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:33 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:

I stared up at this hedge in awe, I think it is magnificent! I wouldn't like it next to our tiny garden, but would love it in grounds. :D

It's the 8th wonder of the world except if it's in your neighbour's garden. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 am

appledore wrote:It's the 8th wonder of the world except if it's in your neighbour's garden. :lol:

:lol:

It really is! :mrgreen: Otherwise it would be a fantastic bonfire.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby despair » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm

What area of the country was that monster in Will ?

I have just dug down to 2ft the boundary of 20ft high conifers and despite days of rain recently the soil is total dust and nothing else will grow there even weeds dont grow
despair

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:45 pm

despair wrote:What area of the country was that monster in Will ?

I have just dug down to 2ft the boundary of 20ft high conifers and despite days of rain recently the soil is total dust and nothing else will grow there even weeds dont grow

Hi despair. It was in Cumbria.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Previous

Return to Hedges