Hedge and boundary dispute

Hedge and boundary dispute

Postby danryru3 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:20 pm

My neighbour has removed the original 2' wide privet hedge at the back of our garden to the right side and erected a fence. The hedge gave us all year round greenery. One fence panel at the top of the garden is on her side of the hedge but the rest of the fence panels has been erected on our side of the centre of the hedge that has now been removed, leaving us with no room and just dead twigs, she has gained around 2' ish. According to our deeds the right, left and back is our boundary, as we have an alleyway to our left side. She cannot except that the hedge between us is our boundary hedge and says she knows she is right as she was born and grew up in our house and married the boy next door. She has never liked us since we moved in 23 years ago and has objected to alteration and extention we have had done. She has a surveyor that says she is in her rights to do this? and says we are stealing land and did we want to pay for it. how can this be? as the original hedge has been there since the house was built in 1925 and our side of the hedge that was, had not moved. She has also become very rude and has made untrue and slanderous accusations about my husband and his business. We are concerned that if we need to move at all that by having a boundary dispute my be detrimental to selling

Please help
Despair
danryru3

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Hedge and boundary dispute

Postby RDF Jess » Fri May 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi, my name is Jess and I’m a Researcher at RDF Television.

I’m currently working on a new documentary for ITV exploring a variety of issues people can face in their garden and or around their home including boundary disputes, nuisances next door, infestations, pests and weeds, sinkholes, erosion and flooding.

It would be great to have a chat with you and tell you more about the programme.

If you’re interested in finding out more please call Jess on 0207 013 4076.
RDF Jess

Return to Hedges