Leylandii law on how near it can be planted to a house

Re: Leylandii law on how near it can be planted to a house

Postby oorya » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm

snorebear wrote:but in many other cases I really cannot see why people choose it.

One reason is because they are much cheaper than a fence and are more robust. I planted a hedge of over 40 trees at £1 each that over the past ten years have grown to a very nice hedge and are pruned each year to a manageable height, in the past week we have had three fence panels blown down on the opposite boundary but the trees are still there.

They also provide nesting for several different types of birds in our garden.
oorya

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Leylandii law on how near it can be planted to a house

Postby snorebear » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 am

oorya in your case I can see why Leylandii is used. We are responsible for the fence the neighbour has planted his hedging next to without any gap. Towns are growing up fast.... houses and gardens are becoming smaller and smaller ..... Dont you think it would help if people selling them , should have to check where they are being planted and for what use required eg; to screen traffic at the back of a huge garden etc.
snorebear

Previous

Return to Hedges