Neighbour cut the tops off all my hedge.

Neighbour cut the tops off all my hedge.

Postby Becca1702 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Next door neighbour erected a fence on our open plan garden.Wasn,t really a problem to me.I bought 33 Red Robins in October and planted them up to establish a hedge.
The fence is 3ft tall and i bought 4ft tall trees.
Got home from work on Saturday and he has cut around a foot off all my trees :evil: :evil:
Went round to challenge him and he totally denied it :roll: :roll:
Is there anything i can do??I don,t have proof but know it is him.
Just hope my trees don,t die off :(
Becca1702

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Neighbour cut the tops off all my hedge.

Postby span » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Knock down his fence some dark night then deny any responsibility.

Sounds like a feud's a-brewing!
span

Postby Rowan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Unless someone saw him do it - then, alas you will not be able to prove that he did it

Photinia Red Robin shrubs will recover well - in fact it is recommended to trim it regularly to promote the growth of the red new leaf growth every spring - mine (in 4 years) has got to 7 foot high and 2 foot wide - it definitely needs cutting back again - forgot to do it late last summer :roll:

I would make a point of informing your neighbour in writing that they are your shrubs/trees and he is NOT permitted to cut them down in height

I would also drop a hint that you are looking at installing CCTV to protect your property - :wink: :wink: is itn't it amazing how discrete and hidden the cameras can be these days !! :wink: :wink:
Rowan

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Make sure he doesn't know what happened to something of his.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby span » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:15 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Make sure he doesn't know what happened to something of his.

This I don't understand.

Surely, it should be he does know what happened to something of his, but doesn't know who did it? Or can't prove anything, at any rate. :D
span

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:23 pm

span wrote:This I don't understand.

Surely, it should be he does know what happened to something of his, but doesn't know who did it? Or can't prove anything, at any rate. :D

:mrgreen: Poor little red robins, I think it will be they who seek justice.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Rowan wrote:I would also drop a hint that you are looking at installing CCTV to protect your property - :wink: :wink: is itn't it amazing how discrete and hidden the cameras can be these days !! :wink: :wink:

Installing CCTV is a good idea. If you install a camera where he can see it it'll probably make him think twice before he attacks your hedge again. On the other hand if you hide the camera you could catch him in the act. I think I'd hide it and catch him out. :twisted:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 pm

appledore wrote: I think I'd hide it and catch him out. :twisted:

I would too. When he thinks he is getting away with all sorts, he'll get a knock on the door, and it'll be the police.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby hzatph » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Tell them that as it is unknown who cut the vegetation you have installed night vision CCTV in the interests of crime prevention.
hzatph

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Hedges