hedge trimming problem

Re: hedge trimming problem

Postby Glassman1964 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Just an update.
I placed the clippings bagged up, just over the boundary, and they have been removed and placed with the rest if the bags which the gardener left, i know because my bags are a different colour, i expected them being returned!
Nothing has been said yet either, so all is well.
I intend to tell the gardener that he will be allowed onto my land as long as he removes the clippings and respects the plants, either that or they will be banned.
I will post any developments. Many thanks to all who have helped
Glassman1964

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby syl2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 pm

I suspect the gardener will be told to cut the top from the owners side in future and you will have to start cutting your side yourself (if you want it cut).
syl2

Postby hzatph » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Make it clear to the gardener that you reserve the right to change your mind at a later date and withdraw the agreement.
hzatph

Postby arborlad » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 am

Glassman1964 wrote: I intend to tell the gardener that he will be allowed onto my land as long as he removes the clippings and respects the plants, either that or they will be banned.

I think you are in a situation where you will achieve more by compromise than any other tactic. If you know when he is coming then protect your own plants as suggested previously, anything that makes the task easier for the gardener is going to work in his favour as well as yours.

I don't know how wide the hedge is but it's generally the width that makes them difficult to access, if it's 7ft high on the neighbours side but only 5ft high on your side, then it's going to be a lot easier for the gardener to cut the top from your side, but denying all access is probably going to be counter-productive - then you'll have a hedge to cut and clear.

katee wrote:
Glassman1964 wrote: but she has specifically told him not to remove the clippings, and she watches to make sure he doesn't, so i can't blame him,

Methinks the gardener needs to grow a pair!
:lol:

Got to agree with that, but we don't know the gardeners situation, he may be a pensioner and reliant on the income, as a contractor, any client who tried to instruct me similarly wouldn't be a client for long !
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Previous

Return to Hedges