Advice on unkept Laurel hedge/fencing

Re: Advice on unkept Laurel hedge/fencing

Postby arborlad » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:45 am

stuffed wrote:I've found somewhere to buy next doors title plan, from the Land Registry website. I presume I can't get this information for free elsewhere?

You must ensure it is the correct website - address should end with..........gov.uk............cost about £3.

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/p ... -ownership
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi stuffed,

Has it crossed your mind that your fence is in the correct position and your neighbours have encroached?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby stuffed » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:34 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi stuffed,

Has it crossed your mind that your fence is in the correct position and your neighbours have encroached?

Kind regards, Mac

Oh yes, absolutely. In which case, they won't have much grounds to make a complaint about me sticking my fence around the laurel :lol:
stuffed

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi stuffed,

they won't have much grounds to make a complaint about me sticking my fence around the laurel

that is true regardless (unless they own the land where the laurel stands or a legal interest in it).

what I meant was is it a possibility (judging by your response I'd say it is?)

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:15 pm

stuffed wrote:As you can see, the fence actually comes back in on itself, as if it were purposely routed in front of the laurel to exclude it from the garden?

On the contrary, the last post in that run of panel fence was misplaced, probably to avoid cutting a panel and gravel board.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby stuffed » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:17 pm

they won't have much grounds to make a complaint about me sticking my fence around the laurel

that is true regardless (unless they own the land where the laurel stands or a legal interest in it).

what I meant was is it a possibility (judging by your response I'd say it is?)

Kind regards, Mac

Sorry, I was probably being a bit flippant with mt lat reply.

In all honesty, anything is possible, so I'm sure the neighbours could've shunted their fences up when the previous owner of my house extended the boundaries.

I'm about to buy the title plans for next door to see what that indicates. I'm scheptical as to whether it is the most up to date account of mine/their boundaries though, considering it looked like the copies I had sent to me by the solicitor looked like they had been entirely drawn on in pen (and not just for the purpose of highlighting our area).
Depending on what next doors plans show up, I'm debating on whether it'll actually be a game changer anyway?
stuffed

Postby arborlad » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:40 pm

stuffed wrote:

Kind regards, Mac

Oh yes, absolutely. In which case, they won't have much grounds to make a complaint about me sticking my fence around the laurel :lol:

I see no significant encroachment.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi arborlad,

where?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:48 pm

stuffed wrote:I've found somewhere to buy next doors title plan, from the Land Registry website. I presume I can't get this information for free elsewhere?

The only way I can think of is if your neighbour has them.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby stuffed » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:47 pm

arborlad wrote:
stuffed wrote:

Has it crossed your mind that your fence is in the correct on and your neighbours have encroached?

Kind regards, Mac

I wasn't planning on taking the mick and adding another fence panel's width to the length of my garden. Merely swoop the fence around the back of the laurel, rather than the front where you see it runs in my first picture
stuffed

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi stuffed,

adding another fence panel's width to the length of my garden

your choice of phrasing is not consistent with someone who believes they own the hedge.

I now suspect you might be nervous about encroaching and have come on here to test the water?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby boeingman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Looking at the plans it would appear that your boundary extends to roughly level with the North East corner of No 8. You should be able to work out quite easily whether that would include the laurel hedge or not.
boeingman

Postby arborlad » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:19 pm

stuffed wrote:
Basically, I would like to replace the fence panels and posts at the end of my garden fairly urgently,

Can I ask what the urgency is? Those photos don't show a fence in poor condition - quite the opposite.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby stuffed » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 pm

adding another fence panel's width to the length of my garden

your choice of phrasing is not consistent with someone who believes they own the hedge.

I now suspect you might be nervous about encroaching and have come on here to test the water?

Kind regards, Mac

Of course I'm nervous of encroaching. If I knew where my boundary was for sure, I wouldn't be asking the advice from experienced members of this forum.
Like I said in my very first posts, I don't want to put myself into a position where I've erected the fence panels, then get told I need to move them - but to the same token, I believe the land/hedge to be mine which is why I'm taking a second/third opinion
stuffed

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi stuffed,

why not just take the fence down?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Hedges