council fees

council fees

Postby geoff harding » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:28 pm

have a line of evergreens 9m tall along my fence,at least 12 trees,so asked the council to have a look and advise me.'first go away and read these notes' then if you want to make a case pay us £600 which is non refundable if you win,then we can take a look !!!!!!!!!! WTF. IS THIS NORMAL?
geoff harding

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: council fees

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:33 pm

geoff harding wrote:have a line of evergreens 9m tall along my fence,at least 12 trees,so asked the council to have a look and advise me.'first go away and read these notes' then if you want to make a case pay us £600 which is non refundable if you win,then we can take a look !!!!!!!!!! WTF. IS THIS NORMAL?

Hi geoff,

who owns the trees? (if it's not the council then that would explain their response).

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby mugwump » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:37 pm

I assume the council are thinking high hedge. That is a case of pay the money first before they will look at it
mugwump

Postby APC » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:43 am

Yup it's normal. As they would be becoming involved in a private dispute they really want you to try all other avenues first. Citizens advice, proof of correspondence etc. Annacdotal evidence is that these fees rarely cover the full cost of administering this process.
APC

Postby despair » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:41 pm

look at

www.hedgeline.org

or the High Hedge Law

Theres certain letters that must be sent plus mediation offered and calculations based on BRE guidelines that need to be made

before you consider forking out 600 quid for local council tree officers to spend 9 months debating the issue
despair

Postby Roblewis » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:43 am

Yep, totally normal unless they are ducking ownership of the trees. Who owns the trees? If it is not the council then you have to pay them to look into the issue. If they belong to the council then you need to start complaining to the CE of the LA.
Roblewis

Return to Hedges