Boundary in Centre of Hedge

Boundary in Centre of Hedge

Postby agghh! » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:31 pm

Hi,

Can anyone advise me please? My house backs on to a cemetry and was bordered by a high laurel hedge (approx. 10ft tall). The deeds state that the boundary of my property runs through the centre of the hedge.

I have always maintained my half, and the council have always maintained their half. However, I was horrified to return from work to discover they had reduced the height of the hedge to about 5ft. The cemetry land is about a foot higher than the bottom of our garden so now the hedge is lower than my back fence and is just really a row of trunks.

I am concerned by the reduced security as well as the displeasing aesthetic factors that this has caused. Am I in my rights to demand any action from the council?

I also tried to find that hedgeline page, but none of the links seemed to respond, have they moved again?

Please help!

thanks
agghh!

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Boundary in Centre of Hedge

Postby David » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:45 pm

agghh! wrote:Hi,

Can anyone advise me please? My house backs on to a cemetry and was bordered by a high laurel hedge (approx. 10ft tall). The deeds state that the boundary of my property runs through the centre of the hedge.

I have always maintained my half, and the council have always maintained their half. However, I was horrified to return from work to discover they had reduced the height of the hedge to about 5ft. The cemetry land is about a foot higher than the bottom of our garden so now the hedge is lower than my back fence and is just really a row of trunks.

I am concerned by the reduced security as well as the displeasing aesthetic factors that this has caused. Am I in my rights to demand any action from the council?

I also tried to find that hedgeline page, but none of the links seemed to respond, have they moved again?

Please help!

thanks

Who owns the Hedge?
It will have originally have been one side of the boundry and I doubt if it will ever be established. You will never be able to outsource the council in a legal action so I suggest you put your own fence in to resolve your security issues..........long term you will save on the maintanance on the hedge
David
David

Postby despair » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:32 pm

www.hedgeline.org is the correct address

Sorry about the hedge massacre David ........have a go at your council over it though .......maybe it was some over zealous young apprentice
despair

Return to Hedges